Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking at going towards a Forester XT Premium for my next car. I'm coming from a 2008 WRX so I definitely want the turbo.

However, I also live in Boston so I really want the All Weather Package.

From looking at Subaru's site, it looks like the AWP is only available on the Limited. Being that I hate leather, and not to mention the fact that the Limited is $2000 more, this puts me in a tough spot.

Can someone confirm this? It's a shame because if I can't get the AWP on the XT Premium, I will not be buying a Forester. I'll just go for a 2010 WRX Premium, which is $1k less than the XT Limited as it has the AWP.

Justin

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Heated mirrors, wiper de-icer, heated seats.
Yeah, those are nice extras. I know that when I got my 06XT the Limited trim was all available, but it had those items as standard. I'm not up to date with the 09+ models so I didn't know they didn't automatically come on the XT Limited models.

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
I just looked at Subaru.com and seems as though the all-weather option you want come standard on the Limited. So are you still interested in having them as an additional add-on to the Premium? If so, and if you could add them onto the Premium, my guess is that the price would end up being pretty close to the Limited.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just looked at Subaru.com and seems as though the all-weather option you want come standard on the Limited. So are you still interested in having them as an additional add-on to the Premium? If so, and if you could add them onto the Premium, my guess is that the price would end up being pretty close to the Limited.
No, I think I'm out of luck. I don't understand this at all. You can add AWP to the X Premium (cloth seats). But you can't add AWP to XT Premium (cloth seats). It's a $400 option, so even if it was available, the XT Premium would still be $1500 less than the XT Limited.

I guess they figure people that like turbo's and cloth seats only live in warm weather.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
444 Posts
It has been like that since the 2009 model year, and yes it is lame. My guess is it's a way to keep the cost down on the XT. For some reason the XT's got a telescoping steering wheel though.

I've sold a few XT Premiums where my customers requested we install heated seats, which we do through a shop that does custom heated seats/sunroofs/leather, it usually runs about $450 for two seats. But then you don't get the heated mirrors (which you could add on your own if you wanted to) or the heated windshield (meh).

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT
272 Posts
I know what you mean about leather seats. I really hate them. They are slippery, hot in the summer cold in the winter. Seat warmers are useless when you need them the most, first thing in the morning. Subaru is not alone in forcing some folks into getting the leather seats if they want the all weather package. Volvo does (did) the same.

I am going to forgo the AWP so I won't have to put up with the leather seats when I get my XT.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
619 Posts
I have a turbo MY10Premium. I'm in CT and ski in VT. Need seat heaters like a hole in the head with fabric seats. But it would be great to have that wiper area heater. But for the two times per year or so that you have to clear wipers in a storm, it's really no big deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts