Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT Premium Automatic
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Forester and want to mount my new Yakima railgrab kit. However it seems the small claw is just to small, but the large claw seems to big.

Which claw did you use with your 2009/10?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems like it catches on the middle hump, which lets the rest of the claw hang down. I was hoping someone found a way to squeeze it on with the small claw.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
2010 2010 2.5X AT Premium
104 Posts
I have a 2010 Forester and want to mount my new Yakima railgrab kit. However it seems the small claw is just to small, but the large claw seems to big.

Which claw did you use with your 2009/10?
I had the same problem (I started a thread about it sometime last August, I think), but it turns out that a sort of intermediate position has worked well, using the long claw.

I actually complained to Yakima about this; they said they're working on testing the 2010 year, but it should work as-is since it "works" on the 2009 model. They're right, sort of -- it doesn't look right, but it's been very stable and secure for the months I've been using it...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the same problem (I started a thread about it sometime last August, I think), but it turns out that a sort of intermediate position has worked well, using the long claw.

I actually complained to Yakima about this; they said they're working on testing the 2010 year, but it should work as-is since it "works" on the 2009 model. They're right, sort of -- it doesn't look right, but it's been very stable and secure for the months I've been using it...
If Yakima thought it worked well enough for the 09 then they will think it works well enough for the 10 most likely. I hope they come out with a new "medium" claw, but not holding my breath. I'll just make it work with the large claw for now.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts