Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up 2010 forester premium and had the door side molding installed
and noticed the white paint mismatch between the door and molding. Dealer told me that it is common because the side molding was plastic. I would think after spending 25,000k it would match. Does any one have the same problem?

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,053 Posts
If they came ready-painted, the match could only be approximate. They'd need to be hand-tinted to be perfect. The dealer is quite correct tho, paint can look a slightly different shade on plastic vs on metal.

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Touring
2,989 Posts
The side moldings were painted at a different time at a different facility with a different batch of paint AND, as others have pointed out, the plastic vs. metal base material is a factor.

Some colors are harder to match than others.

Still, door dings are the worst as far as matching......

Steve

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,064 Posts
Even the OEM bumpers have a slightly different color then the metal body work depending on the light. Not some thing I would worry about and I am fairly picky.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts
I've noticed that slight difference in color tone on most white Subies. I guess the color just reflects light differently on metal and plastic surfaces.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5X
50 Posts
noticed the white paint mismatch between the door and molding. Does any one have the same problem?
I have the 09 pearl white Foz (or "hoar frost camo" as I call it) with the body side moulding and yes there is a hue/value shift to the colour. The side mouldings are a brighter white than the body by a bit...nothing to worry about

1 - 8 of 8 Posts