Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a 2010 Forester Sporttech with the Pioneer Avic U310BT Nav System but the steering wheel controls do not work for the volume, mode, and the other buttons on the left side of the wheel. Is anyone else experiencing this? This unit should be compatible with the steering wheel controls. So...I may have to bring mine back to the dealership already and it's not 2 days old. Everything on the right side of the steering wheel (cruise control buttons) work, just the volume and stuff on the left side do not work. Seems to me that they didn't install the PAC SWI-PS module which allows the steering wheel controls to work with the head unit.
:confused:

Thanks

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,747 Posts
Bummer. Take it back. It should be compatible if it is a package deal(under warrantee). Good luck, and let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
Thats most likely the case... Probably only installed the head unit... no installation of the PAC module and programming... They most likely would have stated that in the package deal that they included this...

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
169 Posts
That's something I will check next time I go to see (buy) the Sport-Tech. I'll try it out.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wife called the dealership today and they were very helpful. They acknowledged that they overlooked it while rushing to have the vehicle ready for me early in the morning. They forgot to install the PAC module and we booked it in for June 25th to fix the problem free of charge. Great service.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
169 Posts
Good stuff. How are you liking the rest of your new Fozzie? Post some pics...

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,241 Posts
Is that the only difference in the Sport-tech? It's just an XT with a different headunit?

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
169 Posts
No, it's a Touring with the Pioneer radio and the mags from the XT. And at the same price as the Touring....Easy choice!

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good stuff. How are you liking the rest of your new Fozzie? Post some pics...
Otherwise, I love it! Haven't had it out driving much yet, still doing an install here and there. Today I'll probably put in the footwell illumination kit, and tomorrow I'll do the Homelink mirror. I'll post some pics after that.

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
^^ That sounds good! Make sure you get your mod journal started up! Chalk up another SH owner with the mod-bug :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,747 Posts

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
No, it's a Touring with the Pioneer radio and the mags from the XT. And at the same price as the Touring....Easy choice!
Yes, I would have made that choice too, if it was available in December when I bought my Touring:bling:. Oh well, that's life:Banane14:.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
169 Posts
Yes, I would have made that choice too, if it was available in December when I bought my Touring:bling:. Oh well, that's life:Banane14:.
We were going to buy a Touring but now that the Sport-Tech is available, it's not a hard choice for us. Too bad other people like yourself, weren't warned of this new edition when buying a bit earlier.
When you think about it, the S-T will cost me more (for tires) because of the 17" rims vs. the Touring's 16" rims.
It will however save me money since I no longer need to buy a Parrot or similar BlueTooth handsfree system.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I have the winter steel wheels/tires that I had on my 2001 Outback. I should be able to get 2 more winters on them before I replace them. I'll probably put the new snows on my OEM 16's, and upgrade to 17" for my summer wheels/tires. I got a BlueAnt bluetooth from Santa Claus so I'm set that way. I also just got a sweet deal on a TomTom GPS from Visions Electronics for $88.00. I've never had one before-handy toy to have that's for sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts