Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 2010 Forester XT, i know the turbo in it is a twin scroll, just wondering if anyone knows what model it specifically is? Been trying to figure it out for a little while now... Just wondering if it is a VF-XX?

Thought it was a VF 48 but please correct me if i'm wrong? Haven't seen any specifics...

·
Registered
2014 CVT
824 Posts
I just recently bought a 2010 Forester XT, i know the turbo in it is a twin scroll, just wondering if anyone knows what model it specifically is? Been trying to figure it out for a little while now... Just wondering if it is a VF-XX?

Thought it was a VF 48 but please correct me if i'm wrong? Haven't seen any specifics...
im going to take a guess, but its most likely the TD04, subaru doesnt have the balls to ship a forester with a VF

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it's a twinscroll. TD04's aren't twinscroll (obviously)... i believe the vf 48 is. Correct me if i'm wrong...

:starwars:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Twinscroll on non-JDM FXT ? As I know only the JDM 2.0 STI has twinscroll , 2.5 US or EDM STI has single-scroll ... as I've understood correctly.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, the 09-10 Forester XT's has a twinscroll turbo. I have read a bunch of reviews etc. and i can tell by looking at my up pipe it has two tubes...

They put it on there to make more power at lower RPM... (Motor trend has a good article i believe)

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
The XT is the same setup as the impreza gt. It is a TD04, and absolutely not a twinscroll.

The 2010 LGT is the only twinscroll USDM setup and it might not even be a real twinscroll, just a twinscroll style flange. (I'm not really current on where that whole discussion went).

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Motor Trend - Search for 2009 Forester XT (Wont let me post a URL yet really!!!)

For those who dont/cant do any research before they post. :chair: Go to motor trend web site and click and read the article on the 2009 Forester XT... But what the hell does motor trend know... its like reading the national inquirer.

In the first paragraph it says New Twin Scroll Turbo... so horsepower and torque arrive at a lower RPM...

Like i originally posted, does anyone know what Twin Scroll turbo is in the 2009-2010 forester XT?

·
Registered
2001 Forester
1,140 Posts
If your certain we are all wrong and your correct, send Subaru an email and ask. I'm sure they would be glad to clear up any questions you have.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
June 2008 issue? :lol:

LOL, there have been a few tuned and modified SH Forester since then... I think we would know by now if they had a different turbo. Don't always believe the dribble written by the automotive press on the basis of rumors, and don't feed the trolls.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.