Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a strange thing on the Subaru dealers websites I have visited so far.

When you look at a 2010 Forester Special Edition (SE) model on a dealers website, no where in the description of the Forester does it tell the consumer what the SE package is. You can see that it is $400 or so more dollars than the 2.5X, but it does not mention the 16" alloy wheels or the roof rails. One would
thank that the dealer would really tout the fact that for only $400, you get this equipment.

For example:

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X w/Special Edition Pkg For Sale | Huntsville AL

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
It's not the dealer's fault, that's automatically populated based on something from Subaru I believe. I forget how it is but it's linked to dealer inventory.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
It is certainly annoying though, but our dealer's website does the same thing. Those website listings annoy me because of how they list all these myriad typical features on a car, yet as you pointed out skip the special stuff.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
51 Posts
The only thing really annoying is that they released the specs on these 2010 SE editions exactly 1 week after I bought my 2010. I mean seriously Subaru? You couldn't have figured this out before you started selling 2010s? Honestly, I think they should offer a discount package for people who want to get the rims and rack installed on their pre-SE 2010.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not the dealer's fault, that's automatically populated based on something from Subaru I believe. I forget how it is but it's linked to dealer inventory.
I did not know that. I guess that is why all of the dealers websites inventory listing look exactly the same.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
I did not know that. I guess that is why all of the dealers websites inventory listing look exactly the same.
Yeah there's a basic website template that Subaru started using about a year ago, and each individual dealer can log on to customize certain text fields and upload pictures of the staff and such. But the inventory listing is done automatically somehow.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
The only thing really annoying is that they released the specs on these 2010 SE editions exactly 1 week after I bought my 2010. I mean seriously Subaru? You couldn't have figured this out before you started selling 2010s? Honestly, I think they should offer a discount package for people who want to get the rims and rack installed on their pre-SE 2010.
The other thing that stinks, well not for customers, but for the dealers, is a lot of us got huge shipments of the non-SE cars right before they announced the SE package. And most customers coming in want the SE for only $400 more.

Throughout the entire 2009 model year, most people's gripes about the 2.5X was lack of alloy wheels and roof rails. So why they couldn't do this for the start of MY2010, who knows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts