Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Impreza Automatic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2010 Forester being held at a local dealer until a pre-purchase inspection has been completed at an independent Subaru shop.

The one thing that stood out when I looked at the vehicle was how slowly the moon roof opened and closed.

If could join this forum by opening with a question, can people with this vintage Forester tell me how long their roof takes to open and how long it takes to close? The service manager told me it was probably just dirty, and he'd have a technician clean and lubricate the roof. My concern is the rails that guide the roof are misaligned, and the resistance they offer will lead to a failed drive-motor.

I'm going to guess the one I'm considering purchasing took more than ten seconds to open, which seemed like forever!

Thanks for your help!

·
Administrator
15,356 Posts
G'day & Welcome @SkagitDoug

10 secs does seem slow compared to my MY'03 which is approx 7 secs to open. It's a 2 stage open and close so opening is 5 + 2 sec, closing is 4 + 3 secs.

·
Registered
2002 Impreza Automatic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Kevin, those are exactly the times the dealer told me the roof opened and closed after they cleaned the rails and lubricated the rails with a lithium-based grease.

Again, thanks! :thumbsup:

Might you know if the wheels from my '02 Impreza will fit on this soon-to-be-mine 2010 Forester?

·
Administrator
15,356 Posts
If the Impreza wheels are PCD 5x100 and 16 or 17 inch they should fit but best to ask the question in the Wheels & Tires section to confirm ;-)

·
Registered
2002 Impreza Automatic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Kevin!

This was my first post, so I do appreciate every bit of help you've offered!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts