Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 2.5X PZEV Forester
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I've changed out the map light and dome light to my 2010 2.5X Premium forester with blue LED light bulbs easily however, I had trouble popping off the cover to the lights on the interior-side of the door. Anyone have any recommendations? It felt like if i pried any harder...i would break it!

Also, I was thinking about changing out the cargo/trunk light in the back with a bright white LED bulb but I had difficulty pulling out the light bulb. It is a twisty mechanism? or do you just pull it straight out? I'm afraid i'll break it or damage the light fixture.. lol

Thanks!

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
36 Posts
you would need to remove the entire door panel to get to the bulb, but it's really easy and fast to remove the panel. Just four screws and pop the panel off.

·
Registered
2010 2.5X PZEV Forester
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you would need to remove the entire door panel to get to the bulb, but it's really easy and fast to remove the panel. Just four screws and pop the panel off.

For reals? I was hoping to avoid that. In the Manual Book, it shows a picture with a flat screwdriver popping off the cover (just like how you remove the dome and map lights cover) so I was wondering if anyone has done it without having to take the entire door panel off lol. I'm afraid i'll ruin the panel while taking it off (i'm not a car person at all! lol)

BTW thanks for the info!

·
Registered
09 XS Premium A/T
95 Posts
Johnny, just stumbled across this while looking for something else. hope this helps in future or for someone else - yes the door light cover at the bottom of both of the front doors will come off with determined, gentle prying. the cover comes off, down and towards you (see pic 3 of this post for the view from behind the door trim - the lugs holding the cover in place are on the sides of it). thin, strong plastic is better for this job (like a "panel puller" tool), rather than a screwdriver, to minimise damage to the plastic door moulding. but, of course, a screwdriver will do the job. once you take it off once, you'll see how easy it is to do again.

yes, the cargo light is a wedge T13 bulb that just pulls straight out. the first time you take it out, pry the whole fitting from its position. from the back of the fitting it's easier to see how the bulbs sits in. then pry the cover off it, and remove the bulb.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
2 Posts
Does anyone know what type of bulb is in the door? I found if you go with prying the light from the side it should pop right out at least mine was quite easy it looks like the dome light to me but appears to be a little smaller. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts