Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sign up to join this forum, very informative.

Searching for an electronic version of repair manual for 2009 or 2010 Forester.
Any idea where i can get one?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
pdf versions of the service manuals are available for purchase via Subaru's Technical Information site.

The cheapest subscription is ~$35, and, as I understand it, you can download to your heart's content for 72 hours.

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

·
Registered
2009 X Limited
141 Posts
pdf versions of the service manuals are available for purchase via Subaru's Technical Information site.

The cheapest subscription is ~$35, and, as I understand it, you can download to your heart's content for 72 hours.

HTH,
Jim / crewzer
All true, although I hear that they throttle how quickly you can download so 72 hours is not as much time as one might think.

·
Registered
2020 Touring
151 Posts
All true, although I hear that they throttle how quickly you can download so 72 hours is not as much time as one might think.
That's also true, they limit you to downloading 50 pdf's an hour. I haven't counted all the files I would need to download but judging by the average file size 72 hours should be enough time to get them all.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
121 Posts
You can get all of them in 72 hours, but expect your wife to be annoyed at all the time you spend on the computer :). It is still worth it. Wish they would just sell them on a CD for $35, though.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
1 Posts
20 hours to download

I just went through the download process, about a thousand files the way they have them split up, so it will take about 20 hours to get everything.

·
Registered
2009 & Jamboree Motorhome
347 Posts
You can purchase one from your dealership for about $40
Thats intresting.. I just ask about it when I was there last Tues.. and answer was there was not one.. However some times the dealership is to lazy to look stuff up..

So can any one come up with a part # for the 2009 or 2010 Forester??? That would be a big help..

Snowdance

Flickr: snowdance38's Photostream

·
Registered
2011 Sage Green FXP 5 spd
259 Posts
Is there an actual shop/repair manual available for 09/10 FX models?

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,039 Posts
My manual is Canadian version.

It outlines how to do maintenance (tranny fluid etc). It is NOT a shop manual.

To get one: walk into the parts department with VIN number and order it. Thats all I did.

M

·
0 Posts
bump

i want service manual. i went to the subaru site as mentioned above. has anyone DL all the sections? really!? looks like you'd have to sit there for days.

has anyone DL all parts? was there a zip or combo DL?

i need a game plan before i pay the money for a limited time to DL. christ, do i need to schedule 3 days off from work too??

M

·
0 Posts
if you read, you can download 50 files an hr, and there are 1000 files...........so ya have fun
i did read. i wanted to know if there was another way to acquire them. i won't be able to sit there that long to keep DL'ing the next file in line.

·
Registered
2009 2.5x Premium
8 Posts
Can you use an automated downloader(downthemall or flashgot) from the Subaru site, or does each download require verification? I just bought my Forester and I enjoy doing my own work. Doing my own work is always so much easier if I have the right info.

·
Registered
2010 XT Limited 4EAT
1,447 Posts
Hey there - has anyone tried the manuals from: LINK REMOVED

Looks "too good to be true" so figured I would ask first.
Probably would work, you can get them on a CD-ROM off e-bay as well for cheap. My guess would be they are all just bootlegged versions.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Touring CVT
736 Posts
i did read. i wanted to know if there was another way to acquire them. i won't be able to sit there that long to keep DL'ing the next file in line.
There's a script around here somewhere to download them for you. But it does require that you're running Linux; I don't think there's a Windows version.

When I signed up to download the 2015 Forester manual using that script, I ran out of other useful things to download before my time ran out.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,787 Posts
Probably would work, you can get them on a CD-ROM off e-bay as well for cheap. My guess would be they are all just bootlegged versions.
The only legitimate and legal way to purchase the files is through Subaru, using the sites listed in the earlier replies in this thread.

I have removed the link in the post from @sgthoyt74 because it was a link to illegal material.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts