Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 Forester is a piece of crap. This is my fourth Subaru and I never dreamed of the poor Subaru corporate treatment that I am receiving. The transmission shudders when shifting around 40mph and the engine pings and knocks as if it has bad gas. Both issues have now been witnessed by staff.

Subaru has told me that they will not address the engine. They are trying to feed me a line of crap that all Partial Zero engines act like that.

I NEVER dreamed that Subaru would produce a lemon. I got one!!

I will never, ever own another Subaru. The poor commitment to the consumer is simply amazing. Four Subaru's and the first time I have an issue they want to kick me to the curb!

Thank God for the NY State Lemon Law. Get ready Subaru, she is coming back at ya!

·
Administrator
15,190 Posts
A real shame that you're not being treated properly! I guess there has to be a crook one every now and then; just too bad you got stuck with it.

Welcome & keep us informed as to how you get on!

·
Registered
2009 Impreza
92 Posts
i had the same problem with my 09, i got fed up and sold it to carmax just to get rid of it.

·
Registered
09 Forester 2.5X
704 Posts
My 2010 Forester is a piece of crap. This is my fourth Subaru and I never dreamed of the poor Subaru corporate treatment that I am receiving. The transmission shudders when shifting around 40mph and the engine pings and knocks as if it has bad gas. Both issues have now been witnessed by staff.

Subaru has told me that they will not address the engine. They are trying to feed me a line of crap that all Partial Zero engines act like that.

I will never, ever own another Subaru. The poor commitment to the consumer is simply amazing. Four Subaru's and the first time I have an issue they want to kick me to the curb!

Thank God for the NY State Lemon Law. Get ready Subaru, she is coming back at ya!
You sound like a winner yourself. Is the engine bad? Or it just sounds bad? This is like the 4th time I've seen this 'ping' stuff. Mine makes a noise at a certain throttle position, but that's easily avoidable.

Come on...really? We all love Subaru, but you've got to be out of your mind to expect them to bat 100% on all models. Did you know there was a recall on PZEV models???

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,255 Posts
I got a lemon. My first 09 N/A Outback had documented problems from day 1. Subaru bought it back, finally, after a few months of ownership. The resulting deal got me a 2009 Outback XT for barely any extra cash. It was a PITA process, with nearly weekly visits to the dealer, but it finally got sorted.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,253 Posts
While its possible any new car or a new or fresh body change will have problems I would suggest you contact SOA since the dealer(I assume) isnt giving you the help you request. Im sure someone from SOA will be able to either show you that its normal or fix it.

Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.