Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on buying a 2010 Forester 2.5X Premium w/All Weather Package in several weeks. I'm looking for some background info current 2010 Forester owners that can help me and other 2010 Forester buyers. As an example, here is the best quote I've gotton so far:

2010 X Premium w/AWP, all dealer fees, and no dealer installed options such as rear bumper cover, spash guards. Price is excluding MD Tax, Title and Tag.
$22,388.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring
1,323 Posts
I'm clear across the country over here in Oregon and I'm looking for virtually the same vehicle as you, except I'd prefer a manual transmission. The best quote I got, without haggling mind you, was $21,488 (we don't have sales tax).

So if you're being quoted $22,388 for an auto, that's a pretty awesome quote. I really liked the auto transmission and it was fun to drive, however, I could feel the rpm's hang when I merged on the freeway. I've never experienced something like that before but hear it's pretty normal from my research. The two test drives I took were my first experiences driving a Subaru so I don't have much to compare it to, other than what I read on these boards and in reviews. Good luck with your purchase!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm planning on buying a 2010 Forester 2.5X Premium w/All Weather Package in several weeks. I'm looking for some background info current 2010 Forester owners that can help me and other 2010 Forester buyers. As an example, here is the best quote I've gotton so far:

2010 X Premium w/AWP, all dealer fees, and no dealer installed options such as rear bumper cover, spash guards. Price is excluding MD Tax, Title and Tag.
$22,388.
I just got a quote for the same car...$21,995.00 (Sage Green) + Tax. title, & dealer fees.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of the dealers I emailed and requested their best drive off the lot offer, I received one last night.

2010 2.5X, Premium, All Weather Package, auto, fog lights and rear bumper cover. $22,830 + 300 in "fees', no tax, title or tag fees, for a total of $23,130.

The sales person's email seemed a bit angry, with a take it or leave it attitude.

From having visited and talked with about six different dealerships, it seems salespersons are still being trained to to put themselves in a dominant, controlling relationship with the buyer. What I have observed is the showrooms are empty, no buyers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Of the dealers I emailed and requested their best drive off the lot offer, I received one last night.

2010 2.5X, Premium, All Weather Package, auto, fog lights and rear bumper cover. $22,830 + 300 in "fees', no tax, title or tag fees, for a total of $23,130.

The sales person's email seemed a bit angry, with a take it or leave it attitude.

From having visited and talked with about six different dealerships, it seems salespersons are still being trained to to put themselves in a dominant, controlling relationship with the buyer. What I have observed is the showrooms are empty, no buyers.

Yes, that seems to be the norm. The dealership seems to have an attitude when you ask to lower their price quote. When I visited the two dealerships in Northern Va, it is totally empty on a Saturday and Sunday afternoon... very odd. I am the only one there and there is only two persons working in the whole showroom.:icon_eek:

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
You live in Maryland. The solution to your problem is simple.

Call Annapolis Subaru (443-837-1400)

Ask to speak with Ed Rucker

Tell him what you want, and tell him what you want the best price you have found is. Then ask him to work his magic. If he can't, he'll tell you and you can be on your way. At the very least, he'll probably be able to match the best deal you have found, and the whole buying experience is great at Annapolis. You get your permanent tags the same day, and everything is easy like Sunday morning.

Also, make phone calls. You'd be surprised how much differently people act on the phone.

There's something to be said of the salesman who drives an STi.

The parts department at Annapolis is also top notch. I wouldn't trust their service managers as far as I could throw 'em, though. It's a good thing you don't have to go to the same dealer you bought the car from, for service. And it's a great thing that you don't have to go to the Dealer to satisfy your warranty obligations.

·
Registered
2010 2.5X
53 Posts
Capital Region NY
2010 Newport Blue Pearl
Manual Transmission
Premium Package
All Weather Package
SPT Short Shift Kit
Rear Bumper Cover
Rubber Cargo Mat
Front License Plate Holder
Tailpipe Finishers
Mudguards
Wheel Locks

$22,879 + tax

·
Registered
2010 Forester
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You live in Maryland. The solution to your problem is simple.

Call Annapolis Subaru (443-837-1400)

Ask to speak with Ed Rucker

Tell him what you want, and tell him what you want the best price you have found is. Then ask him to work his magic. If he can't, he'll tell you and you can be on your way. At the very least, he'll probably be able to match the best deal you have found, and the whole buying experience is great at Annapolis. You get your permanent tags the same day, and everything is easy like Sunday morning.

Also, make phone calls. You'd be surprised how much differently people act on the phone.

There's something to be said of the salesman who drives an STi.

The parts department at Annapolis is also top notch. I wouldn't trust their service managers as far as I could throw 'em, though. It's a good thing you don't have to go to the same dealer you bought the car from, for service. And it's a great thing that you don't have to go to the Dealer to satisfy your warranty obligations.
I've been told by one long time service manager that selling service to Subie owners is second only to robbing banks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts