Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a good Subaru mechanic in the Greater Vancouver area, British Columbia? The local dealerships are totally gouging me, with bills hundreds or even thousands more than their estimate!! I’m ready to sell the car just to pay less in repairs. I love my car but am paying ridiculous maintenance costs with the dealership.

·
Registered
2003 X Automatic
71 Posts
It depends what kind of work you need done. I'm happy enough with the service Pawlik Automotive gives us on our '03X, but like most other shops in Vancouver, their pricing can be a bit of a shock at times. They are not pushy with their recommendations, and will not do any extra work without authorization.

One thing, and I don't know how common this is, they will not install parts or warranty any work done with parts you source.

I'm heard good things about Amin's on Kingsway, and I think I am going to give tham a shot, as my other local option (Hu's) recently shuttered after 25 years on Cambie Street.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Premium
153 Posts
For general stuff I go to Amin's Auto Service 204 Kingsway. It doesn't look like much but I took my 2006X and now my 2014 XT. Their prices are very good. If he can't do it, he tells you up front. His prices are reasonable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts