Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5x Prem
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my forester yesterday, and one thing I noticed now is the Airbag light on the information center stays on.

I mean it says airbag off, but the orange light stays on. I tried searching but didnt come up with much on it.

Any way to turn the light itself off? or is this one of those cover it up with black electrical tape type things lol

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,039 Posts
You would have to purchase some electrical tape to cover the light.

I have had my 09 for a year and a half and that light has never been a problem (its brightness).

Before you start covering your Foz with tape I might suggest you drive the car a while. In a few days you will not notice it at all and you will not have electrical tape on your new car.

·
Registered
2010 Forester M
97 Posts
I find it annoying as well especially at night. I plan to measure the area and make a logo, probably subaru and print it out on photo paper then using doublesided tape stick it on. as long as I dont use too strong a tape, should be able to remove it without a trace.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5x Prem
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got the car and noticed the light in my new 2010 premium,

Is there an on/off switch or is it all sensors?

thanks
Well the light behind it seems to always be on. The sensor for displaying On / Off is on the passenger seat.

ive searched but found nothing on turning the orange light off.

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
sometimes i catch myself looking at it too. prolly coz of the orange color (ie caution). but it doesn't really bug me that much. u get used to it i guess. altho i wish this could have been implemented in a much better fashion - non-distracting. :)

·
Registered
2009 forester
79 Posts
Yup, there's multiple lighting colors on the inside of these things (and no you can't get rid of the air bag indicator). After awhile you get used to it and after a little more time... you start to think "hey, this is pretty cool". : )

·
Registered
2010 Forester M
97 Posts
I covered mine up, the dash lights are blue, the clock is blue, the radio is blue, having that bright yellow light on all the time makes me feel like something is wrong. I dont need to know if the airbag is on. I left a little corner open above the "off" indicator so that I know if it is off. other manufacturers do it di

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
You would have to purchase some electrical tape to cover the light.

I have had my 09 for a year and a half and that light has never been a problem (its brightness).

Before you start covering your Foz with tape I might suggest you drive the car a while. In a few days you will not notice it at all and you will not have electrical tape on your new car.

Exactly! After a month you don't even notice it ..

·
Registered
2010 Forester M
97 Posts
well to each his own, but after 3 weeks and 2000 miles I had had enough and covered it up. too bright at night and it just bothered me in general. electrical tape wont leave a mark, comes right off with some computer monitor cleaner. now if I could just change the red HVAC controls to match the instruments all would be well.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5x Prem
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a mile and a half commute to work each way.. and even for those few min, it sure does bother me.. Maybe i just need time to adjust, but that's the first thing that gets the hack coverup job =) lol

·
Registered
2010 Forester XS Luxury
60 Posts
I really didn't notice this airbag-light till i saw this threads, so i did have a look and guess what ??? My airbag-light went off after the engine start. Strange :huh::huh:

Theo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts