Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 FORESTER 2.5X PZEV
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2010 Forester. I also paid for the extended warranty 7 years/70,000 miles for $1,400. I'm thinking about canceling the extended warranty because I felt pressured into buying it. The car will be driven 10-12,000 miles a year. Thoughts? Suggestions?

I received the extended warranty package and I can cancel within 90 days for a full refund. After all the factory warranties have expired, the extended warranty has a $100 deductable.

·
Registered
2015 Forester X 6MT 6-Gear Manual
1,373 Posts
WAY WAY WAY too much money. The power train is warranteed 5/60, emissions components LONGER and you are paying 2 years in adavance of any need. isnt bumper to bumper factory 2-24 or 2-36? You can buy a warranty from subaru near the end of the B-B warranty for same or lower cost. So you have time to make up your mind.

·
Registered
2010 Forester X Premium
931 Posts
Return it. It's not worth it, as you drive way too much to use it and get you money worth, you better off with 7/100k that will give you extended 2 year protection. And you can get on line for about 1400.00 and you can wait with your buying decision till 3/36k. That would be money better spend in my opinion.

As well by than you will get a decent feel on the car, and you will be able to make a better decision weather the car is prome to problems or not, and if you would get your money back if something goes wrong.

I will get extended warranty at the end of 3/36k because of the HG issues, and other small issues that comes on the way, and the additional expense is well justify for my needs. So once again wait till you have more info, and better feel on the car.

For those that say is not worth it, I disagree as it will depend on the car, no one car is made the same way, some tend to be more prome to issues than others. So in my experience warranty is always 50/50 I rather have that 50% protected. Especially since it will cost me hardly 140.00 a month extra for 12m

1 - 3 of 3 Posts