Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2011 WRX
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I got bummed out since there's no real need to get a new exhaust , so here's my paint the muffler black and put on huge stainless tips painted with the same muffler paint. I used VHT header paint (up to 2000degrees resistant) and 3Aracing bolt on tips.

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 WRX
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got them at Autozone...$29.95 each. They even let me go outside and put them on before I purchased them. :D

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
hmmm by any chance u know the part number or description on the box?

I REALLY LIKE THESE ONES! i bought the subaru tips and they are kinda small for my liking. :icon_confused: needless to say, im not satisfied with its looks. as a matter of fact, i just pulled behind my foz a few minutes ago in my driveway and while i was coming up to it, i was thinking to myself, 'man, those tips need to be BIGGER!' :icon_wink:

·
Registered
2011 WRX
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, its not in a box, just wrapped in plastic with a big blue label that says 3A Racing 100% Stainless steel performance exhaust tip, there are two numbers on the barcode, maybe one is the ID number...
one is 62-2450 and the other is 57116 02450

·
Registered
2010 FORESTER 2.5XT LTD
97 Posts
well, its not in a box, just wrapped in plastic with a big blue label that says 3A Racing 100% Stainless steel performance exhaust tip, there are two numbers on the barcode, maybe one is the ID number...
one is 62-2450 and the other is 57116 02450
Hey man,

I just checked this part out on-line. It says "The unique clamping system offers maximum security for easy installation".

How easy was this installation for you?

Thx.

D.

·
Registered
2011 WRX
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it's got three screws...back them out until just the tips are visible, slip on exhaust and hold in place, tighten screws as necessary to position body in center of bumper cut out. Only thing easier would be one or two screws like the OEM tips.

BTW, those tips don't have black paint, I added that to hide the mounting things a little and add contrast to the polished surface.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts