Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my 95,000 mile 2010 Forester in for the "big job", Head Gasket, Piston Rings, Timing Belt, Tensioner and idler pulleys, Water Pump, Oil Seals, New AC Compressor, Belts, Plugs and wires, filters, etc. I noticed that when the AC compressor cycles off, the engine idle drops very low to the point that it sounds like it wants to stall. Is it possible that the new rings are causing extra friction and the "lugging" will go away as the new piston rings wear in? Or is there some adjustment for the idle that may not have been set correctly?

·
Administrator
14,080 Posts
G'day & Welcome aboard @Capodosto To what RPM does it drop?

BTW
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not..

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
37,796 Posts
@Capodosto your idle sounds about right.

You could try this.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Limited CVT
523 Posts
In neutral, my 2007 5MT always sounded like it was going to stall, to the point where the RPM was so low it was almost like making the car vibrate. Even mechanics (no Subaru experience) who got in my car said there was something wrong because it was going to stall. But I had that car 11 years and it never stalled.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, I'll watch it and if it still seems like it isn't right after a while, I'll run the "relearn" procedure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts