Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am sure the answer might be here already, but I can't find it. This old guy finds these sites very confusing. So, please forgive me for asking.

2010 FXT, my toy, but my 18 yr old son gets to drive it most. Really bought for his use, and my pleasure.

Anyways, here is my problem. (Car related anyways)
With the current Covid lockdown I figured it was a good time to play with the car.
Installed Perin lightweight pulley, and silicone intake tube. AEM dry filter (stock air box). Cobb catted downpipe, and heatshield. And a cat back from a 2016 STI. Also a GFB recirculating blow off valve (oem one seemed sticky).

I also picked up a used Cobb accessport.
AP3-SUB-003. Correct model for my FXT.
The ap is unmarried and has been updated with the newest maps on Cobb website. (by my nerd (said in due respect) son)

When I go through the install process it can detect the car model and year.
It won't let me go any further.
It keeps telling me to be sure that the key is in the 'on' position. It is in the 'on' position.
All accessories are turned off, lights, hvac, etc...
Any suggestions? Cobb was of NO help. (What terrible customer service, I even called twice thinking that I just got someone on an 'off' day. Second person was worse than the first! They were rude and unpleasant, the second person even suggested that I should maybe not even use their products!) Crazy!

There is an active fault (steering angle sensor), part on order. Could this affect the installation process?

There is also the addition of an audio system. Could the stiffening capacitor be a draw that could affect this? I pulled the main fuse for the audio system and tried again, same result.

Some have suggested that the car might have a tune on it already preventing the ap connection. I purchased the car from it's original owner, a close to 70 year old lady. So, I highly doubt it has a custom tune.

We have been messing around for almost a week now. Getting discouraged.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for asking.
Yes, got it figured out.
OBD2 port on the car has a bad connection. Ordered a new one, waiting for it to come, should be good after that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts