Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Forester
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does someone know how to remove the stereo deck and speakers from the 2010 Forester?
My friend gave me his stock 6 disc changer deck + 2 way speakers from his 2008 Impreza. I want to fit them into my 2010 Forester as I have the entry level system. Could someone give me directions on how to remove the face panel to remove the deck and speakers.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,083 Posts
The face panel is easy to remove, you just need to pry it off. I usually take a credit card and slide if under the driver side then us that to pry it off with my fingers. just use something that won't scratch the dash to get underneath it and I always start with the lower driver's side.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
132 Posts
First off, you would benefit from doing a search in this forum. There is a ton of information about installation and removal of the stereo. A bit less info for the newer fozzies, but enough. You should also be able to find the links to the .pdf resource page that has all sorts of directions to install all of the oem accessories, in this you will find how to remove the radio trim panel (look for the OEM subwoofer installation directions.) Second you will need, NEED...some no-scratch trim panel removal tools. Something like this:

This is necessary so that you do not mar your plastic dash. Also, these trim panel removal tools will help you get the door panels off with relative ease. Good luck...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts