Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 FXT Automatic
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Forester XT and the exhaust system is beginning to fail. Is it easily possible to swap a 2016 STi original exhaust system onto my car?

Thanks for your knowledge.

·
Registered
2010 FXT Automatic
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes, it fits and it looks great when installed. I opted to cut the rear bumper which was super easy as well. I even kept the factory exhaust hangers.
3276D536-62E0-4D9B-B520-DF421F8BAE87.jpeg

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT 4eat
15 Posts
Yes, it fits and it looks great when installed. I opted to cut the rear bumper which was super easy as well. I even kept the factory exhaust hangers. View attachment 524156
That looks fantastic! Considering takeoffs are not too difficult to come by, the STi exhaust should be cheaper than most aftermarket systems, I assume? How is the flow, and would you need a tune after installing?

·
Registered
2010 FXT Automatic
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven’t changed the tuning on the car. I am trying to resolve the added (annoying) drone at low rpms.

I am debating getting a bigger or different resonator or possibly blocking one of the two outlets on each muffler.

·
Registered
2010 FXT Automatic
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Based on others experience, I bought a pack of stainless steel pot scrubber scouring pads, stuffed one into each inner exhaust pipe about 9” inside.

This seems to have greatly reduced the drone and I dont feel the need to do anything further.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts