Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a Sony ax100 and I'm wondering what 2 of the factory plugs are. What is the black and the small white?

·
Registered
589 Posts
It's been a while since I've been in there, but I think they are antenna and aux input from armrest console

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Attach is pic of the Clarion unit I recently removed for on mine. The black is a ground to chassis. The other plug is aux input I did not use and
I just left hanging back there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
589 Posts
Attach is pic of the Clarion unit I recently removed for on mine. The black is a ground to chassis. The other plug is aux input I did not use and
I just left hanging back there.

Agreed, ground sounds better. I didn't use the aux either. Might be a nice revisit, and put stock features back in place. I thought I've seen an adapter to 1/8in, but not sure where.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another question now, I installed a Sony ax100 with an aswc1. The aswc flashed all the correct sequences and stayed solid red like the directions say but the MODE button on the steering wheel controls does not work. I tried resetting the aswc and the mode button worked one time and then stopped working. Could it be a wiring issue or is it the Sony itself or something completely different? ideas welcome

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah. I considered trying to connect the aux plug as well, but then it came to me that none of my devices even have a headphone plug anymore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts