Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As you can see in the attached photo there are a few empty holes under the rear wheel arch - it's the same on both sides. It almost seems that there should be plugs of some form in there to bind the metal of the wheel arch to the plastic panel at the rear. When the car was in for a service recently my wife asked and she was told that they are for mounting mud flaps.

What have other 09/10 owners got there?

Cheers - Steve

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,053 Posts
normal. Likely for some spat or splashguard used in another market.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
57 Posts
I'm going to ask if they have some clips to cover up the holes next service, it looks weird w/o them.:shake:

·
Registered
2010 Forester(sold 11/12) Manual
49 Posts
Hi all,

As you can see in the attached photo there are a few empty holes under the rear wheel arch - it's the same on both sides. It almost seems that there should be plugs of some form in there to bind the metal of the wheel arch to the plastic panel at the rear. When the car was in for a service recently my wife asked and she was told that they are for mounting mud flaps.

What have other 09/10 owners got there?

Cheers - Steve
I just picked my red 2010 Forester up today (like 2 hours ago) and I had the dealer put the "mud flaps" on it. They called it "Splash Guard Kit" with a part number of J1010SC020 and it does use the holes to mount...so there isn't anything open to water there (now). I think I'd be disappointed if there were holes.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
173 Posts
I have the 2010 2.5X and it has the splashguard kit installed but the holes are still present. I believe the holes are for the wheel arch kit that wraps around the entire fender opening. See the ettached pic.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
I think all Foresters have them... even my 04 does.

·
Registered
2020 Touring
151 Posts
Their for the Wheel Arch install

See the attached page from the install instructions for the Wheel Arch accessory. It shows the two holes clearly.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts