Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've seen the announcement of the mid-year "special edition" base Forester (which is the base + roof rails + alloy wheels) for an additional $400.

Any sightings of those "SE" versions on showroom floors?

·
Registered
2001 Forester
41 Posts
If I were to trade in my 2001 S today, that is the one I would buy! I don't want or need a moon roof, but need the rails and want the rims!! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am going to get one, and have been in touch with a couple of dealers in the Chicago area. Both said the SEs are on the way, and one made an offer of $19,995 for the 2.5X AT SE with no other options. It's almost no negotiation territory. One other question. If I wanted service at a different dealer from where I bought it, is that a problem? Any thoughts? Also, the other dealer has a coupon for $500 off my best offer.

·
Registered
2012 Limited Auto
4 Posts
I am going to get one, and have been in touch with a couple of dealers in the Chicago area. Both said the SEs are on the way, and one made an offer of $19,995 for the 2.5X AT SE with no other options. It's almost no negotiation territory. One other question. If I wanted service at a different dealer from where I bought it, is that a problem? Any thoughts? Also, the other dealer has a coupon for $500 off my best offer.
Coupons and sale prices are nothing but hype at dealerships. It's whatever you agree to pay when you're there which matters. Here's a good example of a dealer with absurd discounts which they have no intention of fulfilling:
randallnoe.subaru.com/new-inventory

Go to Consumer Reports online and buy yourself one of their new car price reports. Study it. Take it with you when you visit the dealership and let them know you have it. The rest is up to you and the dealer.
ec.consumerreports.org/ec/aps/order.htm

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought one about two weeks ago. 20k even in the SF Bay Area. The rims look great and the racks are a big improvement over the bolt-on crossbars. Definitely worth $400.

It's my first Subaru and I'm loving it so far...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts