Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am newbie and about to purchase a 2010 2.5X premium or limited.
This is my very first car shopping experience and I am having a hard time figuring out just what the base price for these vehicles are.
Each dealer seems to have different sticker price. For example, the price for a 2.5 Limited, sage green with no options is $27,015 but a different dealer has it for $27,228 with the side molding option that is supposed to be $238. I looked at the invoice sticker (this dealer uploads them on his website), and the base is $26,295.
Both include a $695 destination fee.
Subaru.com says the base for 2.5X limited is $26,690 and the destination fee is $695 for a total of $27,385.
Can someone explain to me why there are 3 different base prices? (BTW, all are auto transmission).
I got a good discount from the dealer who gave me the base of $27,015, and I wonder if this was as good as it seemed now that I know there are lower base prices out there.
Also, do dealers give discount on each of the options as well?

Thank you very much for your help!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your info. The price you mentioned, $27,015 was base price? (no options?)
I read your different post mentioning you got many options.
So, did you pay $27,015 plus options at their ticketed price?
Will they give us a discount on the options as well or are they pretty much set in the price. I saw "our price" on Van Bortel website. They give literally discount on everything. Unfortunately it's too far for us. (rochester)
How was your dealer in Staten Island?

Thanks for your help!!!

·
Registered
2010 forester limited
38 Posts
Thanks for your info. The price you mentioned, $27,015 was base price? (no options?)
I read your different post mentioning you got many options.
So, did you pay $27,015 plus options at their ticketed price?
Will they give us a discount on the options as well or are they pretty much set in the price. I saw "our price" on Van Bortel website. They give literally discount on everything. Unfortunately it's too far for us. (rochester)
How was your dealer in Staten Island?

Thanks for your help!!!
had a chance to review my bill...forester AT LTD. ...had the dealer instsall side molding, wheel archs, rear spoiler, cross bars, rear bumber guard, cargo nets, luggage cover and splash guards...27, 129, new reg. included...i'm paying w/o options 25,605, dealer invoice.
even all the options are at dealer invoice. tried to get it, or some options, for factory invoice..but they wouldn't budge..nor would any other dealer.

sorry for any confusion..the 27,015 is msrp for ltm. w/o options...maybe worth a trip down here to get it..sort of a mini vacation too

·
Registered
2010 Forester X Prem MT
15 Posts
edmunds

Go to edmunds dot com to find the list, invoice, and average selling price for any car w/ options. It is specific to area also.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
2009 forester x premium
23 Posts
the list for a 2010 forester x limited is $25,995 plus $695 destination charge = $26,690

the list for a 2010 forester x premium is $23,795 plus $695 destination chrg = $24,490 invoice on the limited is 24,355 plus 695 destination = $25,050

the invoice on the premium is 22,410 plus 695 dest = $23,105

auto transmission on all the prices is included.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts