Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm a tall (6'4") and large guy. The Forester seat itself fits me fine, but I like to have it leaned just a little bit back. Like, I push the button for maybe half a second. The weird thing is, the seat seems to adjust itself back to the default straight position every so often. I haven't exactly figured out the triggers for this self-adjustment - sometimes it happens when I first get in the car, sometimes I see it move itself after I get out, and sometimes it doesn't happen at all. I'm sure there's some sort of pattern to it, but I haven't figured it out yet. Anyway, I looked in the manual thinking there might be some kind of override for this behavior, but I couldn't even find it mentioned. I also did a google search and a quick search on this forum, and I don't see the topic addressed.

So, basically, I'm asking if anyone here knows a way to keep the driver's power seat from moving itself back to the straight up and down position. :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
06 Forester
389 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Perhaps temporarily disconnecting the power harness to your seat while looking for a solution may help you out a bit?

I've never heard of a seat that goes to a pre-determined selection intermittently before but let us wait for those who own the same year model like yours to give out their thoughts..

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
I wonder if your seat side plastic trim is being pushed in a way that it moves the adjustment buttons a bit and moves your seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts