Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Auto
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my sports grille today and installed it alone in 1hr 10 mins without breaking anything :icon_biggrin: Lovin the new look.

Here's some before and after pictures for anyone thinking about getting one.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

·
Registered
2010 Forester
1 Posts
I was on the fence about the sports grill, but I think you've pushed me over. It's definitely on my list now.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
the sports grille does look nice on that color, still on the fence about getting one on my dark grey metallic, gonna paint the center black and see what it looks like then decide.

Now you need to get the front underspoiler

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
lookin good.... now get the matching front underspoiler :biggrin:

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Ltd
46 Posts
That's my favorite color, looks great with the sports grille!

J- I have the XT in dark metallic w/the sports grille, and I really like it. I don't have pics to post, but I think it's Bettysboy that has the identical setup, and he has pics up that you can find if you search. Much more aggressive look than the std grille.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
quick I've seen it on the same color I'm just not completely sold on spending the money for it, I kinda like the loook of the stock grille painted black

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
I jacked this picture and modified it for a better look at the grill (on my monitor) and i like the way it looks, I will be getting this bad boy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
you almost have to get the front underspoiler though with this grille, it completes the look perfectly. And the underspoiler installs in about 20 minutes too.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
you almost have to get the front underspoiler though with this grille, it completes the look perfectly. And the underspoiler installs in about 20 minutes too.
If it were my car I would but it's the wife's and I had to tell her that the sport grill protected the radiator against rocks better in order to justify that modification but what would I tell her about the spoiler, that it wards off evil spirits, lol?

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
Papa D, just buy it, install it and don't tell her about it. I know I highly doubt that it will work but you could always try that its more aerodynamic and potentially could increase gas mileage.

drudometkin, check out my member journal for more pics of the front underspoiler, plus there are several others on here that have it as well.
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/jkoppees-09-pic-heavy-69950/

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT Auto
68 Posts
Looks great in silver and red! The mesh really stands out. I did mine in black last weekend. Like you (drudometkin) it took me about an hour to complete - going slow and careful. One minor thing that I noticed, and now I notice on yours is that the gap between the hood and the grille is not "perfect". The passenger side gap is slightly bigger near the passenger headlight, when compared to the gap near the driver headlight. Pretty sure that I snugged up all of the screw and refastened all clips properly. A little harder to see in my pic... Am I being picky???

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Auto
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I
Looks great in silver and red! The mesh really stands out. I did mine in black last weekend. Like you (drudometkin) it took me about an hour to complete - going slow and careful. One minor thing that I noticed, and now I notice on yours is that the gap between the hood and the grille is not "perfect". The passenger side gap is slightly bigger near the passenger headlight, when compared to the gap near the driver headlight. Pretty sure that I snugged up all of the screw and refastened all clips properly. A little harder to see in my pic... Am I being picky???
Supposed to be that way at the top, but I'll take a look at mine near the headlights to see if I got it fit properly. Might need adjusting or might be the lighting in the pic I posted making the gap look bigger.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
Those under-spoilers look great guys but I kind of doubt I could pitch it as a gas saver when the little mileage readout is right on the dash and all but after seeing it some more, I will want to sneak one on there in a few months after the sport grill wears off, lol.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
619 Posts
the sports grille does look nice on that color, still on the fence about getting one on my dark grey metallic, gonna paint the center black and see what it looks like then decide.

Now you need to get the front underspoiler
I'd like to see that black painted center when you complete it. Please post it.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts