Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2009 foresters motor decided to completely on me the only options I've seen for a replacement is well around $3000 however I found a 2005 forester that was rear ended has the same motor in it but it is 4 years and I've heard the Ej25 is like a Lego brick but I'm more worried about the ecu not matching what I'm looking for but I'm at a loss car wise I need a car soon can either buy this motor do a full rebuild on it then drop it in or buy a beater with a heater if any of you guys know if it's to swap in that 05 to the 09 I'd greatly appreciate it thanks!

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
636 Posts
Can't you rebuild the current motor? I rebuilt mine about 4 years ago and it ws the best decision I ever made. Car is still worth about $8k and was worth the 3k build.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't you rebuild the current motor? I rebuilt mine about 4 years ago and it ws the best decision I ever made. Car is still worth about $8k and was worth the 3k build.
The issue is I've rebuilt the motor once already and the cylinder walls are gone there's no rebuilding it now unfortunately its something with that block it has alot of damage from rust and poor maintenance from the previous owner.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Ltd 4eat
17 Posts
I had the same situation with my '10 Forester. Old northern engine. I put in a JDM engine, swapped a few of the parts and all is good to go! I did end up tearing down the old engine, just to make me feel better, ended up to be a wise move. The engine was a bear to get apart due to all the rusted frozen bolts/nuts. Bent valves, leaking oil, etc, etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts