Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
241 - 260 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester STi II LTD 4EAT
107 Posts
It shouldn't matter whether it is 2.5 XT turbo or 2.0 petrol version. Those clusters should be the same. That means that in case you need the metric cluster for the 2.5 XT turbo Forester, the cluster from EU-spec 2.0 petrol should work for you fine. The only difference should be between the diesel and petrol version and then between the automatic and manual transmission version.

However this should be itVehicle Detail - Wolfe Subaru

The VIN is JF2SHCDC2CG402669 - that means that is definitely an 2012 model. According to pictures it is obvious that it is the Touring trim (silver roof rails, flashers in side rearview mirrors). This model definitely should have the cluster you are looking for. They say that it is a manual transmission but I have never heard about the Touring trim with the manual transmission option. However, check with the dealer and ask for details. Good luck!
Thanks cubiculus! So damn close, I confirm the VIN... It is manual :icon_frown: Guys just find the AT versinon and I`m the happiest man in the world :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Now I got VIN number from S-Edition Forester but It has borrowed the five-speed paddleshift AT transmission form STi?? So does the S-Edition cluster work with the 4EAT tansmission??

S-Line 5-speed AT Cluster part no is: 85023SC101

·
Registered
2011 Forester X Premium 4AT
26 Posts
I can't answer your question but I think that it will work. For example, I can see on my Touring trim cluster that the display got the option to display the SI-Drive modes (I/S/S#) too even though there is no SI-Drive option for US Spec Foresters. That's why I guess that once the cluster is for petrol/diesel or manual/automatic version it will work with all trims or transmissions.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ok, I finaly found one used cluster from Sweden :icon_biggrin: The cluster is from 2.0 XS AT. Price shipped 370usd

·
Registered
107 Posts
:Banane08::bacon::bananapowerslide::Banane02:

Ou jeeee!!!! Cluster work perfectly!!!! IT IS COOL!!!!!

So Euro 2.0 XS AT MY12 cluster work just fine in Euro 2.5 XT AT MY10

·
Registered
2011 Forester X Premium 4AT
26 Posts
Congrats! Post some pictures over and don't forget to put the part number for the Euro cluster if available. I guess this might help to other people in the future that will be considering to upgrade the cluster in their Foresters

·
Registered
2004 Lexus Auto
1 Posts
Hey guys, I found this thread researching something for a customer. We can do odometer corrections on Subaru (or any make / model).

We also do all sorts of LED conversions.

Let me know if there's anything we can do to help you guys out!

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring Auto
18 Posts
Hello everybody, I am going to put the forester x touring gauge cluster upgrade in my 2011 forester x. I have only checked with one dealer here in MA. He told me the odometer reset that would happen as a result is illegal in MA. I dont believe him. I will be checking other dealers. If anyone has any hints or knows of a dealer south of boston that would reburn the odometer let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT AT
26 Posts
I can't give you a recommendation, but I can tell you that you need someone that has a Smelecom USA Prog tool and that it is a 93C76 EPROM on the board that needs to be updated for the Odometer reading.

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited 4-speed Auto
1,979 Posts
Hello everybody, I am going to put the forester x touring gauge cluster upgrade in my 2011 forester x. I have only checked with one dealer here in MA. He told me the odometer reset that would happen as a result is illegal in MA. I dont believe him. I will be checking other dealers. If anyone has any hints or knows of a dealer south of boston that would reburn the odometer let me know.

Thanks
Altering the odometer reading is illegal in virtually every state, at least for a dealer to do it. Maybe for an individual, as well. If you do it, I would generate a notarized document stating the milage at the time the ODO changed and the date it was changed. Including a photograph of the ODO with the original milage would be a good idea, as well.

You want to cover yourself against any claim when you sell the vehicle that you have falsified the ODO reading to increase the value of the vehicle.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring Auto
18 Posts
Pretty much done with the instrument cluster

Well I did have Planet Subaru in Hanover MA(highly recommended btw) install the cluster and reprogram the keys for me for 100.00. I had purchased the cluster and lens before that from subarugenuineparts.com for about 475.00 with the shipping. The dealer just put the mileage disclaimer sticker on my driver side door jam and I was good to go. Cluster looks awesome. I will post some pics this weekend. :bananapartyhat:

·
Registered
2010 Forester Ltd 4EAT
63 Posts
Wow. This is awesome!

But, I guess now I'll have to be on the lookout for signs of modified cluster when I'm in the market of another 09-10 Forester, lol.

·
Registered
2013 2.5X Touring Automatic
71 Posts
:Banane08::bacon::bananapowerslide::Banane02:

Ou jeeee!!!! Cluster work perfectly!!!! IT IS COOL!!!!!

So Euro 2.0 XS AT MY12 cluster work just fine in Euro 2.5 XT AT MY10
More picture please!!!

I am also looking for a Canadian model

·
Registered
2013 2.5X Touring Automatic
71 Posts
I am honestly not sure if it would work. We can usually get items from the Canadian market which would read KPH but I am not sure if the trims are the same.
Any Canadians give this a try yet? I am debating this (looks) or a WRX cluster (price).
Just so hard to find this on the CDN market

·
Registered
2010 XT 4eat
604 Posts
Just want to say thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. This is an awsome forum!

Did the Touring Cluster swap this past week. Plug and Play pretty much.

$428 cluster
$22 meter glass
$65 to reprogram keys

Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
2015 Forester Touring 2.5 CVT
1,317 Posts
Interesting. I have a 2015 Touring, and it doesn't have the temperature and "eco" gauges at the bottom of the tach and speedometer. I suppose they must have removed them for the '14-'15 models. The temperature gauge would be especially useful.

·
Registered
2003 Forester Auto
127 Posts
Im at the dealer right now, it seems like they couldn't figure out how to program my oem remote start. do u guys thinks its because the wrx dash is for the manual cars and my 09 xt is automatic? hope they figure it out been here for likean hour now

241 - 260 of 297 Posts