Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if this new optional instrument cluster for the 2011 Forester will work with all 2009+ Foresters? I would love to swap the butt ugly blue gauges in my '09 if possible.
2011_cluster.png

·
Registered
2011 2.5 X
54 Posts
Is it possible to even install one of those? I have a 2011 2.5X and I would love to have that cluster!

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
117 Posts
I saw the new Touring Cluster when I was shopping to replace my X Premium, loved the look. Soo much better than the one in the other SH's. To figure out if it would work, you'd either have to pull out the clusters and see if the plugs match in the back or look at the wiring diagrams. I have the diagrams for the 2010, but didn't download the ones for the instrument cluster on the 2011 Touring. Would be a good start to figuring if this would work.

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT AT
1,295 Posts
Any idea of what the cost of the cluster would be? I was quoted about $1,100 for one for my 2002 Pathfinder 3 1/2 years ago, but would it be in the same league?

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i 6 spd
433 Posts
There was an explanation floating around awhile back that the "temperature gauge" really isn't. Don't know if that's true or not.

New South Performance makes a variety of gauge pods that should be adaptable at far less cost. At least I hope so.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anybody actually find out if the plug on the back of the EL cluster in the limited 2011 trim actually works in the premium or elsewhere?

·
Registered
2011 forester
51 Posts
damn, I'd LOVE the cluster. The fuel gauge in our fozzy is MASSIVe.... What about the ODO? Do you have to get it reset somehow, or is that info stored somewhere else and just displayed in the cluster these days?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The odo is not stored in the cluster, as far as I recall from reading other threads.

I'll try calling my parts guy today to see if they can figure it out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
unfortunately, no parts or service department knows this specifically because nobody's tried it, and it appears no one has the funds to try this--for science.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
117 Posts
If anyone around the NNJ/NYC area with a 2011 Limited wants to do a quick swap to test the compatibility, I'll gladly test it. I REALLY, REALLY want that Cluster. Or if anyone with a current subscription to Subaru TechInfo could check the wiring diagrams to the new 2011's. This is the plug for the 2009+ Cluster.

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,053 Posts
has anyone priced a cluster yet? Methinks this won't be a reasonably-priced upgrade...

·
Registered
2010 Forester Auto
368 Posts
ive been checking ebay hoping to find one, i found a stock 2010 foz guage cluster for 65 dollars so maybe just maybe it wont be an arm and a leg to do this

·
Registered
2010 XT Automatic
237 Posts
I have the red SPT boost gauge and I think these two would go GREAT together. Again like everyone else has said if I don’t have to offer up my first born to get the new cluster that would be a plus. That and plug n play, cause I'm not the greatest with wires and such.

1 - 20 of 297 Posts