Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

I have a 09 Subaru forester, about 150xxxkm, and has been lovely so far.

Today I drove it a wee bit, to get groceries etc, with no issues. I went to a friend's place, and half an hour later, I got into the car and lights were blinking with the click of a turn signal.

The outside lights were not blinking, but the low beam icon and sterio background lights were blinking with the click. When I tried to start it, just clicks didn't turn over.

I thought this was strange because I drove it recently, and the battery is 5 months old. I checked with a reader for codes, and no codes. I unplugged the battery, cleaned the connectors, waited for 5 minutes, still the same thing. I tried to get the car jumped by a friend, no dice.

Very weird, I talked to a friend who is an apprentice mechanic and a place that gets a bunch of Subarus, he says he's never heard of it.

Any ideas would be wonderful, otherwise, I'll be getting it towed to a shop on Monday.

Thanks,
Ben

· Registered
2010 Forester Diesel 6MT
944 Posts
Hi Ben,

sorry to hear of your issues and yes that does sound unusual. I'll assume you've had the car since new, and no mods have been performed and no major damage/failures/floods during its lifespan.

I'd suggest this almost sounds like a grounding or power supply issue. To that end, check all the wiring harness connectors for security/nothing loose- e.g. the ones to the ECU, dashboard, under the dash, in engine bay, fuse box etc. Also check the wiring harness for any damage- maybe something's chewed on the wires, causing either broken wires or worse, shorts.

That's two relatively simple (if rather tedious) things to start, otherwise you may have a dud computer component/unit somewhere.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts