Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Forester. the dealer and VIN said "LL Bean Edition" but it doesnt show that badge.
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought a '09 Forester about 8 months ago. We're pretty happy with it now that we go the recall issues fixed. What is confusing me is that according to the VIN it is a LL Bean edition but there is no LL Bean plaque on the back. I've been trying to find out basic things like what makes it the LL Bean edition. Engine type. I've seen it's a L. An XL. A H-2. What features make it a LL Bean edition etc. Everything I find is a sales site with mixed information. Is there a site that actually lists all the information and what the actual edition means?

Captain Quack.

·
Registered
2011 Forester X
209 Posts
The engine was the same across all trim types that year. Unless you had a turbo. But the LLBean wasn't offered with a turbo. Pretty sure the LLbean was a Premium with heated seats, fog lights, leather interior, LCD Stereo, sunroof, but it had the LLBean logo embroidered on the floor mats. So it really wasn't anything special or different. As for the plaque, your tailgate may have been replaced or repainted and that's why the logo is missing.

"I've seen it's a L. An XL. A H-2." I don't think this means anything. You have an EJ25 engine.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,542 Posts
Most of the LL Bean package was about looks - specific options, specific seats, wheels and so forth. In some model years, there was specific color combinations (originally green over beige vinyl (non-leather)), but this may have been expanded to other colors in later model years.

But found this on the cars 101 page -

4/7/08: End of L.L.Beans. Subaru and LL Bean ends their partnership June 30, 08. and the LL Bean name will be dropped. 2009 Forester LLBean production ends the first week of April, vehicles produced after that will be the same car but called the 2.5X Limited with new model codes.

So this COULD mean you have a Limited, if the production date is after April 2008...

As for the L and the X references, that is the trim level the LL Bean package was added to. The current Forester uses base, Premium, Sport, Limited and Touring as trim levels. No LL Bean trim is offered.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,542 Posts
As there sort of was no LL Bean model in 2009, this is what was listed as the LL Bean package for 2008 -
LLBean adds over X Premium
everything the X Premium has plus....
new 7 upgraded speakers includes rear subwoofer speaker
new Homelink now standard on the auto dimming rear view mirror/compass
new small LL Bean logo on front quarter panels and rear gate
new cargo tray with enbossed footprint design and logo (see photo page)
new colors

gone Shock sensor alarm upgrade
gone Rear self-leveling suspension.
gone Hard-surface cargo floor and rear seatback (now carpeted)

Alloy wheel with Gray gloss finish, replaces brushed aluminum color
Wood and leather Momo steering wheel (see photos)
Wood shift knob (see photos)
Desert Beige leather (see photos)
Perforated Alcantara side and bottom seat bolsters (see photos)
Automatic transmission w/ Electronic Direct Control
Auto-dimming rear view mirror/compass now with Homelink
Platinum or Steel gray accent or bumpers
LL Bean logo on front seats (it's small)
LL Bean floor mats
10-spoke 16" alloy wheels

·
Registered
2008 LL Bean (4EAT)
4,913 Posts
... the LL Bean package for 2008... Desert Beige leather... Perforated Alcantara side and bottom seat bolsters... LL Bean logo on front seats...
The seats are distinctive. And the wood and leather Momo steering wheel and shifter are a daily joy.

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Forester. the dealer and VIN said "LL Bean Edition" but it doesnt show that badge.
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No LLB on the seats, No auto rear view dim. No "Homelink" as far as I can tell. No wooden shift handle. Does have a Sun roof. Heated wiper and side view mirrors. So not a real LL Bean which explains the lack of badge. Post April 09. What I was mostly looking for was engine type. A lot of places I go looking for parts want engine types. I checked the features for the Premium and it checks off most of them. Maybe there was a error with VIN. None of the ones I looked at listed model type. Thank you all for your help. Now I know what I need to know to get things sorted out. New Spark plugs and possibly transmission filter and get the rear wiper intermittent fixed and everything will be good.

Captain Quack.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,534 Posts
Reactions: subatron
1 - 8 of 8 Posts