Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 FXT
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I took the factory tweeter off the door to see about upgrading them. Well in the process I broke the plastic clip that holds it in the door. Does anyone know if you can buy the factory tweeter housing for the passenger side as a individual part? I dont want to buy the whole tweeter kit just for this. I tried gluing it back but I need to take them again in a few days when I dynamatt the doors. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
159 Posts
So yesterday I took the factory tweeter off the door to see about upgrading them. Well in the process I broke the plastic clip that holds it in the door. Does anyone know if you can buy the factory tweeter housing for the passenger side as a individual part? I dont want to buy the whole tweeter kit just for this. I tried gluing it back but I need to take them again in a few days when I dynamatt the doors. Thanks for any help
Yes, you can. I bought them. I believe they are $13 each. I got mine through SubaruPartsGirl. She works at a Annapolis Subaru. Send her a pm. Those clips are a pain...I have broken them 3 times...

·
Registered
2009 FXT
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. I'm glad its not just me lol. Just a poor design I suppose

·
Registered
2009 forester
79 Posts
I did the same thing except in a more grandiose fashion... I broke the entire plastic arm the clip is attached to! Agreed, the design sucks and the clips that come with the tweeter housing (vice the regular plastic triangles) hold especially well. If they used a different fastener it probably woundn't be an issue. Anyway, have you tried epoxy (not sure what you broke exactly) and/or purchasing just the clip from a hardware store? In my case I used epoxy to make the repair and it was good as new. : )

·
Registered
2009 FXT
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did the same thing except in a more grandiose fashion... I broke the entire plastic arm the clip is attached to! Agreed, the design sucks and the clips that come with the tweeter housing (vice the regular plastic triangles) hold especially well. If they used a different fastener it probably woundn't be an issue. Anyway, have you tried epoxy (not sure what you broke exactly) and/or purchasing just the clip from a hardware store? In my case I used epoxy to make the repair and it was good as new. : )
I broke the whole arm as well. I just used some superglue that I had to do a quick fix. I want to fit some aftermarket tweeters into the factory mounts. I have tried a couple different sets and nothing I have just drops right in. I think a little dremel work and epoxy will do the trick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts