Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Manufacturer
99 Impreza WRX
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

We are proud to announce that 2009+ Subaru Forester owners can now enjoy the added protection of our urethane version mud flaps known as the Rallyarmor "UR" series.

The "UR" rally mud flap setup is an excellent choice for Forester owners who prefer an extended coverage application that incorporates both strength and the flexibility to conform to a variety of environments.

Our newest application provides exceptional coverage against grit, gravel, mud, snow, dirt and season after season of road debris that would have potentially worn away your Forester's finish

Each set includes all four black urethane mud flaps with blue logo for each corner of your vehicle, and rust proof stainless steel/plastic mounting hardware. No drilling into your Forester is required. Simply bolt on using supplied hardware and easy to follow instructions.

Thanks much
Team R/A

·
Registered
2001 Forester S 5MT
826 Posts
Wow, they look really nice.

Any chance of getting the same for the 98-02 Foresters? Or can the SG ones be modified to fit?

·
Registered
2010 Outback Limited
502 Posts
Nice flaps. How far off the ground do they sit? I'm concerned with ground clearance after installation. How much $$.

·
Manufacturer
99 Impreza WRX
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the replies everyone. We have been working directly with Subaru Distributor Corp on a very effective option for this vehicle.

Any chance of getting the same for the 98-02 Foresters? Or can the SG ones be modified to fit?
We have not confirmed, but are considering an SF option.

Nice flaps. How far off the ground do they sit? I'm concerned with ground clearance after installation. How much $$.
Thank you for the kind words.

Indeed, as with any extended mud flap application clearance is an important aspect to consider during reversal conditions. Ground clearance is 4" to 5", so there is a considerate amount of clearance built in to the application, a perfect balance of clearance and extended coverage, with the strength and flexibility that urethane provides. Pricing is at $139.99 for a set of 4 urethane mud flaps for each corner of your vehicle in a variety of color combinations.

Will they fit with the factory mud flaps already installed?
We believe so, and will be confirming this week, it utilizes all the factory points (as well as additional ones that the OEM guards do not use). Users may be able to install utilizing a longer bolt setup that will clear the added bulk of the OEM guard. This setup is considerably larger than stock guards. Here is a link to our fitment instructions

Thank you for all your support everyone,
team R/A

·
Registered
2012 Ridgeline Sport
88 Posts

I can definitely say that the SG ones cannot be made to fit without MAJOR surgery. I bit the bullet and bought a set of SGs hoping against hope that they would fit, but unfortunately they are totally different.

Please, please RallyArmor make some UR flaps for the SF (silver preferred, grey second choice). I would even be willing to pay up front on a pre-order promise (I'm serious). My 2001 is sitting naked and OEM flaps are not available as accessory parts from Subaru.

lump

·
Manufacturer
99 Impreza WRX
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Lumpy

Thank you so much for your support, we sincerely appreciate your request.

One of our biggest initiatives is to begin revisiting some of the older models and we will certainly consider this as an application.

Thanks much
Team R/A

·
Registered
2009 Forester AT
16 Posts
Will they fit with the factory mud flaps already installed?
Yes, the do work with stock flaps... with longer screws.

I installed the front set on my 09 this weekend but had to replace 4 of the 1 inch SS screws provided with 1 1/4 inch to compensate for leaving the stock mud guards on. The two lower screws on each side where the stock flap adds thickness. (I think leaving the stock flaps on looks better and adds additional support). As I recall the screw size was 12 x 1 1/4 Stainless.

I haven't done the back ones yet, ran out of time (need to remove the rear wheels to install) but it looks like they will work with stock flaps as well... will probably just need longer screws.

BTW- I ordered them on the Rally Armor web site. They shipped right away. Flaps look good - high quality - all hardware included - install was easy with the provided instructions. Without the stock flaps they fit perfectly. So far it looks like they reduce the splatter on the side of the car by about 90 percent over stock flaps. Very satisfied.

·
Manufacturer
99 Impreza WRX
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for choosing our application for your vehicle Jwall :icon_biggrin:
We too have performed the installation with the existing OEM setup and can confirm this as well.

For 09+ owners interested in how much additional coverage is provided in comparision to a standard splash setup, here are both installed (apologies for the low resolution)

The application provides a superb area of coverage, with the strength and flexibility that our UR setup allows even in the harshest of wintry conditions.

Thanks so much everyone,
Team R/A

·
Registered
09 X premium
16 Posts
I just ordered a grey UR set as well fr my 09.I'll be getting the longer screws so I can mount these with the stockers.
thanks
Rudy

·
Registered
09 FXT
116 Posts
I have an 09FXT coming, just curious if others with the XT who are getting the RA flaps, are you taking the stock splash guards off or using both?

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT Limited
55 Posts
I don't have my Forester yet, but just as soon as I get it, you can be sure that I'll be getting myself a set of these to spruce it up. They are sharp!

And I do appreciate the customer service that is being shown here.

One question though, you only have one supplier in Ontario, (Budds Subaru) do you know if you will be getting more?

·
Manufacturer
99 Impreza WRX
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't have my Forester yet, but just as soon as I get it, you can be sure that I'll be getting myself a set of these to spruce it up. They are sharp!

And I do appreciate the customer service that is being shown here.

One question though, you only have one supplier in Ontario, (Budds Subaru) do you know if you will be getting more?
Thanks for the kind words everyone

Hi Kirk- that is correct, our Ontario distributor is indeed the Budds Subaru dealership.

Thanks much
Team R/A

·
Registered
2009 Forester manual
61 Posts
wow ordered on a Fri and got them on a Tuesday, now I just need to have the Foz come in:woohoo:

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5XT AT
4 Posts
Will these UR flaps fit 2009 FXT with side skirts installed ? I believe the original Subaru ones won't.

·
Registered
2009 Forester manual
61 Posts
I installed my set of flap today betweeen the raindrops. they went on without a problem. I removed rear wheels, it seemed the easier way to go. They look great

1 - 20 of 60 Posts