Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a set of steel rims and snow tires to put on my 2009 2.5x with the 17" alloys. is there any steel rims available for this fitment yet?

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts
can I get a price for 225/55R17 Nokians RSi with inexpensice aluminum rims?
I am checking to see if we can mail order this tire. PM me your email address and your shipping address and I will have one of our Salesman email you a quote. Thank you for the oppurtunity at your business.

-Travis

Edit: We are unable to mail order the Nokian brand. We do carry some great alternatives.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don't see any steel options for you at this point. We do have some inexpensive aftermarket options though. Home - Discount Tire Direct enter your vehicle to browse wheels that fit.
I've also looked into dedicated wheels and tires for winter, but i want to go with 16" steelies for winter use. There are no wheel options for any 2009 subaru on discount tire direct...

Anyone know what a set of 16" steelies go for?

Is the bolt pattern the same as the previous models, 5 x 100?

·
Premium Member
2,039 Posts
Anyone know what a set of 16" steelies go for?
I paid $50 per wheel, but that was at Tirerack. Beware though - they sold me wheels with 50mm ofsset vs 48 mm. Didn't seem to make any difference on the OBW, not sure about the Forester.

Don't forget - unless you want to look at the TPMS light all winter you'll need a new set of sensors, (or some black electrical tape to cover the light)

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
If you want some snow wheels, go for some used 16" OEM wheels. The 02/03 WRX wheels are only 16 lbs and sell for $150 a set. They make great snow wheels adn look much better than a steel wheel. The steel wheels also rust easy and weight about 24lbs each.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi,
I live in sydney, canada and I have 2 09 forester X and a XT and I am looking for studded tires with steel rims as well. Any information regarding where to buy will be helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you want some snow wheels, go for some used 16" OEM wheels. The 02/03 WRX wheels are only 16 lbs and sell for $150 a set. They make great snow wheels adn look much better than a steel wheel. The steel wheels also rust easy and weight about 24lbs each.
Good to know! I thought about getting some OEM subaru wheels but i wasn't sure if the bolt pattern was the same on other models. I'll be on the look out for some 16" oem wheels...

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts
Hi,
I live in sydney, canada and I have 2 09 forester X and a XT and I am looking for studded tires with steel rims as well. Any information regarding where to buy will be helpful.

Thanks
I have requested additional information on this vehicle for you guys. Maybe it will help move it up in the priority list of 09 vehicles our technical department is working on. I will let you know what information I receive. Thank you for your patience.

-Travis

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any word yet on 16" steel wheels that will fit the 09 forester?? Looking to put Hankook W409 215/65/16 on my Limited.

Tire Direct has steels that have a 41 offset, not sure if they will work....

Snowed last night in the mountains....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Any word yet on 16" steel wheels that will fit the 09 forester?? Looking to put Hankook W409 215/65/16 on my Limited.

Yeah, what's the deal on this? Are the steel wheels for an 08 the same or what?

It snowed today.

WOOHOO!!

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts

Sisters! I went to high school in sisters. My folks still live there actually. Your the first member I have seen on any of the boards that I message on from Sisters. :banana:

Back to it: My fitment guide department got back to me today and said that the specs should be the same as the 2008 Forester. They have to get the actual data before they can enter it into our guide but they suggested, for now, going off the specs from the 2008. That said I am now speaking with our wheel department to see if we have a 16" steel option.

The 41mm offset should work for you but if would be better if you can find one with a slighly higher offset. 45-50mm would be ideal.

Yeah, what's the deal on this? Are the steel wheels for an 08 the same or what?

It snowed today.

WOOHOO!!
According to our tech department, they are. I am currently searching for steel options.

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts
As far as I can tell, we have the same option of a 16" wheel with a 41mm offset. They are running $70.00 each delivered right now. Our product code is 69655 the wheel is the Unique 83, 16x6.5 5x100/115. Here's a link: Unique 83

In digging around for options I did come across the Momo Winter wheel. Although they have a slightly lower offset than the 83's. The 16" option may work out well for your Foresters. They are 16x6.5 with a 38mm offset. According to our guide these would sit almost flush with the fenders. Pairing them with a 215/60R16 snow tire should keep the overall diameter within specs to prevent rubbing. (this would not be a good fitment for lowered vehicles)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts