Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2010 FXT 4EAT
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of us who have the new SH chassis there's not much available out there right now so let's make a list of all the parts that are similar and can be used from other cars. This could quickly become a sticky for those of us looking to tweak our new rides until more model specific upgrades are released.

Exhaust -
  • Anything fitting the 2008+ wrx seems to work for the USDM FXT's
  • Have seen some issues with the SPT exhaust on european FXT's with the load leveling rear suspension
Intake -
  • 2008+ wrx fitment again seems to work fine
  • Turbo inlet pipe can be tight fit with some fittings but can work
  • BOV same as 05+ legacy GT
Suspension -
  • 2008 wrx has been confirmed although can ride low in rear causing suspension to bottom out with passengers
  • would advise coilover for 2008+ wrx fitment to adjust ride height
  • nasioc member was able to modify 2009 Sti stock setup to bolt up after fabbing new shock mounts, trying to gather details at this time.
  • sti only rear sway bar fitment
  • sti only front bar fitment as it's longer than standard wrx

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
Wow very good and thanks!

So the MY08 WRX/STI rear sway bar is a direct bolt up? Is the bar like the cobb/perrin/whiteline.....22 mm or there abouts? I want something thicker than the stock 16mm.

This should be a sticky.

·
Registered
2010 FXT 4EAT
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've only had this FXT for about two weeks so haven't had time to get under and measure anything, but the wrx style aftermarket bars should be a direct bolt in including endlinks. I'm just trying to compile some of the basics I've seen from around this forum and nasioc into one thread. If anyone has any details to add I'd be more than happy to go back and update the first post with more detailed information.

·
Registered
2010 FXT 4EAT
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know if the 2008+ wrx outer intake box cover (the one that the snorkus attaches to) is the same as ours? I've been wanting to try an old dsm trick with this car but don't want to go screwing up my only stock airbox so was hoping to find one to play with since noone on here has a stock airbox for sale it seems.

·
Registered
09 XT
448 Posts
Wow very good and thanks!

So the MY08 WRX/STI rear sway bar is a direct bolt up? Is the bar like the cobb/perrin/whiteline.....22 mm or there abouts? I want something thicker than the stock 16mm.

This should be a sticky.
The wrx sway bars are too small.... front AND rear.

Again- WRX front and rear sway bars DO NOT fit the 09+ Forester.

only 08+ sti bars will fit properly.

·
Registered
2010 X Premium 5 Spd
95 Posts
As far as I know only the rear sway bar is larger on the STI vs the Forester.

2008 - 2010 STI Rear Sway bar is 18mm
2009 - 2010 Forester X/XT Rear Sway bar is 16mm

The rear bar is a direct bolt on, you just need the bushings from the STI. I did this on mine and it does make a noticable difference. I also have a set of Swifts that I will install in the spring to go along with the rear bar which I am hoping will make for a nice daily driver setup.

I believe the front sway bar on both STI and Foz is 21mm. Can anybody confirm?

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Touring 5M
447 Posts
The wording could be wrong I have seen alot of different word for the same part:
- top mount
- top hat
- Rear Uper Mount
- Front Strut Mount

Any one know if the rear and front top hat/mout from a Forester 2009 have any kind of compatibility with older model?

I have already a thread on my question but I am still awaiting a answer any one knows?

What top hat/mount is compatible?

I have heard that Impreza 2008 front top mount are the same but not the rear..so what model would the rear be the same?

Any one have a confirmation for the front and the rear what model are compatible.

What older model of subaru have the same front?

What older model of subaru have the same rear?

·
Registered
2010 X Premium 5 Spd
95 Posts
I think most of what you are looking for can be found here: Suspension Supersticky: Springs, Coilovers, Swaybars, S-Techs, fitment, tech, more! - NASIOC

Scroll down a little and there is a link for top hat interchangability.

Marc

The wording could be wrong I have seen alot of different word for the same part:
- top mount
- top hat
- Rear Uper Mount
- Front Strut Mount

Any one know if the rear and front top hat/mout from a Forester 2009 have any kind of compatibility with older model?

I have already a thread on my question but I am still awaiting a answer any one knows?

What top hat/mount is compatible?

I have heard that Impreza 2008 front top mount are the same but not the rear..so what model would the rear be the same?

Any one have a confirmation for the front and the rear what model are compatible.

What older model of subaru have the same front?

What older model of subaru have the same rear?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I know and I have already put my question on that thread but no answer.

nasioc.com
But I will bump it today with the complete and same exact post I have on scoobymods.com nasioc.com and my local Ottawa club and same no answer on any of them.

I did search for my answer alot..and created thread to see if someone could answer it and that's why I was re-asking has we now have a compatibility parts thread.

·
Registered
2010 X Premium 5 Spd
95 Posts
neuro123,

I wasn't being critical of your asking the question. I was only trying to help by providing a reference.

Marc

I know and I have already put my question on that thread but no answer.

nasioc.com
But I will bump it today with the complete and same exact post I have on scoobymods.com nasioc.com and my local Ottawa club and same no answer on any of them.

I did search for my answer alot..and created thread to see if someone could answer it and that's why I was re-asking has we now have a compatibility parts thread.

·
Registered
447 Posts
No worry I know I was just showing that I did search on it no worry I am not taking anything personnal.

I hope this thread grows with compatibility parts.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT Auto
13 Posts
I know, I know, dancing in an old thread but its sounds like 08 wrx parts almost all bolt up to 2010 fxt. Would that be the same for the 08 sti parts?

·
Premium Member
2011 XT Touring 4EAT
12,194 Posts
I know, I know, dancing in an old thread but its sounds like 08 wrx parts almost all bolt up to 2010 fxt. Would that be the same for the 08 sti parts?
yes... many, many 08-14 wrx/sti stuff (interior and mechanical) will slap right on. some with zero tweaking, some with "easy"(bending/finessing) tweaking, some with "heavy" (grinding,cutting, etc) tweaking. basically everything ive installed was labeled as "08-14wrx/sti fitment" yada yada, not "09-13 fxt".
biggest issue would be things centering around the wheels, axles, diffs, etc. most common occurrence being wrx 5x100 and sti 5x114 lug pattern, say youre looking into susp or wheels.

anything in particular you were wondering about?

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT Auto
13 Posts
Well I saw this article, http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/modp-0911-building-your-own-subaru-forester-sti/ , and it peaked my interest as some basic things to do as a start. The up pipe, intercooler, turbo and the axelback. But the article was for the 2nd gen and I couldn't find too much about the third gens. But if what you say is the case then I should be all set with all those because I don't think I will be touching the suspension or wheels any time soon other than some swift springs to lower it abot 1.5 inches

1 - 20 of 23 Posts