Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Oilfield Trash
2009 X AT
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a catback for the 2009 but so far I have not found anything that I'm happy with (I want 2.25" pipe and mufflers that DO NOT have the "Fart Cannon" look, I think 4" outlets are WAY too big for the mufflers...so).

I went to my Subie exhaust-guy in Angleton, Texas today and Thursday morning he is going to make me a catback.

Unclviny

·
Registered
2002 S
2,702 Posts
I had thought that a stock 08+ WRX sedan catback would bolt on with only slight modification. It's dual outlets as well so it would look right on the SH.

·
Oilfield Trash
2009 X AT
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at those but they are heavy and the piping is tiny! plus having my exhaust-guy "bend one up" is a LOT cheaper (and it will be free-r-flowing).

Unclviny

·
Oilfield Trash
2009 X AT
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got back, he had to order the Mufflers so it's going to be a few days (but I might be gone before they come in). He is going to basically build me a 2.25" Y-pipe and hang 2 Walker Dynomax #17731's (2.25" inlet and outlet) under the car, $414.00.

Unclviny

·
Oilfield Trash
2009 X AT
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been delayed returning to work so I talked to my exhaust-guy and I am going in at 2 tomorrow afternoon to have the mufflers installed.

Yay me!, I just hope it's not too loud (but since the mufflers are not "straight-thru" I don't think it will be too bad).

Unclviny

·
Oilfield Trash
2009 X AT
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's installed and I like it!.

The "Boxer Rumble" is there now but on idle the exhaust is just barely there (other than a VERY subtle rumble).

I think the gas mileage went up a bit (but it's still too early to tell for sure).

He estimated it would be $414.00 and the bill was only $375.00!

No drone (I left the stock resonator in place), he cut the midpipe right behind the hanger next to the rear end and made up a 2.25" Y-pipe.

Unclviny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts