Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester X limited
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been searching around and couldn't get a straight answer. Are all same generation Subaru cross compatible?
I have a 2009 forester SH 2.5 N/A and wanted to change to suspension to lower it. I've seen people using wrx oem suspension and it's a direct bolt on.
Which Subaru cars share parts with a 2009 forester sh 2.5 n/a?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2003 EJ20K Forester
326 Posts
You won't get a straight answer because its not a straight answer. Not familiar with your gen, but on mine you can physically swap WRX/forester control arms but the anti-roll bar end link orientation is different, so you need unusual endlinks. Although they may bolt up, there will be small differences. You might wind up changing your caster, ackerman, or camber/track width.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 5-speed manual
169 Posts
This is really a homework project. Though not as complete as has my experience with VW /Audi's online official parts lists, or even BMW's MINIs are, the official Subaru parts lists are complete enough that one can cruise the various model's parts lists to see which parts are the same. What Subaru Tuners and performance parts suppliers there are another source to determine cross model compatibility.

In the end, what you need is access to a complete Subaru Parts list fiche or find someone who has already done what you want to do and was kind enough to document not only what they did, but the the research they had to do in the first place to make the modifications.

·
Super Duper Moderator
2,356 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts