Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester Automatic
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum and trying to find my way around.
I have a 2009 Forester with the 10 way (?) power drivers seat. I bought it used with about 130K miles. A few days ago I left my 12 yo grandson in the car for 10 minutes and when I returned he had been playing with the seat adjuster controls and the seat was in the fully reclined position.
Nothing I did would make the seat return to the upright position. I can hear the motor when I operate the control, but there is no movement. I would like to get it back to the more upright position even if I have to do it manually and leave it there until I can find the actual cure for the problem. Ultimately I would like it fully functional again.
For now I am looking for advice/info on how to access the operating mechanism for the recline function to manually position it so I can drive without a large pillow behind me. I don't feel safe driving like that but it is my only transportation. I really don't want to have to buy a replacement seat. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.