Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 FORESTER 4 EAT
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I’m a newbie to all of this and have been working on getting my SH forester ready for trails and such. Haven’t been to sure as if there is a club specifically for Subaru foresters off-road but I’ve been looking around if anyone could help ? I recently joined the eastern4wheelers club but they as it appears are more designed for more serious terrain. I’m looking for stuff either like class 4,5 or 6 type trails until I do suspension work. I’ve seen SoCal has a forester club and thought I’d come on here and try and find a north east club if possible. Well looking forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts and thanks for your time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Look up MtnRoo on FaceBook. NorCal has it's own page and there's also a Flea MArket page where users across the country buy/sell offroad-related parts.

·
Registered
2009 FORESTER 4 EAT
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@i/Set75 Class VI roads include those that have been discontinued subject to gates and bars, as well as those that have “not been maintained and repaired by the town in suitable condition for travel” for five successive years or more. ... Note that the definition of a Class V road is one that the town does have a duty to maintain.

·
Registered
2009 FORESTER 4 EAT
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@i/Set75
The site hasn’t been working for me it stays on the loading page for some reason. I don’t have a Facebook or any social media due to getting rid of it all when I went sober. Going on 2 years away from everything in May. But I feel like making a Facebook and Instagram specifically for off-roading might have to be in the cards if I want to join a club specifically for foresters. Recently I join eastern 4 wheelers club but I’m pretty sure it’s a lot more of a gnarly terrain than I’m looking for but we’ll see.

·
Registered
2021 Touring 2.5L CVT
112 Posts
I tested the link and it did load. Try typing the link yourself or use your search engine with the key word "where2wheel." See if that works better for you. Be advised that this link is a forum with off road interests. They may be able to help you in your search for a Forester club. You can do the same with "MtnRoo". It has an interesting logo. A circle of pistons with a skull inside. I don't use Facebook either. Good luck!

·
Registered
2009 FORESTER 4 EAT
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the recommendation @i/Set75 I got it to work after a few tries. Decent amount of trails in CT and all over the place actually more than I thought. Also thanks @Bibb9900 ended up finding MtnRoo chapter New England and a lot of other subie owners.

·
Registered
2009 FORESTER 4 EAT
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks @Eddie_Catflap hopefully I can stay stock idk how much doing a lift will affect either my cv etc. but after I meet up with some fellow riders I’ll pick there brains more about it to get a better understanding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts