Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2008 (MY 2009) Forester
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Looking at using the EOFY sales to replace my tyres on my MY09 Forester (215/66R16). As there is no more lockdown, we intend on going on road trip every weekend so the ones I have will probably not last until end of this year.
I do about 20-30000k per year and about 15-20% on unsealed road (gravel, occasionally muddy...) but no real off-road.
I currently have Grabber GT for nearly 4 years and about 70000km (not moved a lot during 2 years of lockdown) and no issues at all, just few marks on sidewall. I had before some pure highway terrain (something like ecopla or diamond back, I don't remember as I replaced them few after purchasing the car) and they were not great and prone to puncture.

Seems I can't find the Grabber GT available in Victoria in this size and looking for other options. I'm not really looking at AT tyres, unless the profile is not too aggressive (still 80-85% on road)
My BIL had the Scorpion All Verde and got rid of them quickly as he didn't like the handling on the wet.

Cost wise, I would like to keep it less then $250 per tyre.
Thanks !

·
Registered
2008 (MY 2009) Forester
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kevin,

Do you have any photos of a forester with them? the profile looks a bit strong but maybe when mounted they will look better

·
Registered
2008 (MY 2009) Forester
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How's the noise level ? I often can hear 4x4 before I can see them thanks to their tyres! My daughter is 4 and often naps in the car...

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester premium
406 Posts

A/T type
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...6WPATTXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes (i just put these on mine they are great so far)

These are a newer tier here that they have recently come out with to compete in the crossover

These have always been awesome in the off road slick conditions category but will run a bit rougher than the others being a more heavy durt LT tire

the one you listed is also on the list but i skipped it as you said you cant find it also was a recomended tire to me

The one I didnt list as I couldnt find it and see if you can is the coopers both their AT and the endeavor not sure about size and the Nitto but i looked those up and they dont seem to have the size you need in 16 they were brought out to compete with the Falken Wilderness AT

·
Administrator
19,699 Posts
How's the noise level ?
A bit of a whir but not obtrusive or annoying - unlike my previous BFG ATs

I often can hear 4x4 before I can see them
That's usually a sign of mud tyres. I had BFG muddies on the ute before I went with the Yoko GO16s.

@CBennett69 Note that TireRack is not represented here and tire / tyre models often differ

·
Registered
406 Posts
It could be any place...i was giving them so he could see the approx prices(and maybe be able to convert them for his $$), and most of all reviews. get them anyplace I just had the dealership get me mine..was actually LESS than the tire places by about $15 a tier.

and was just showing what comes in the sizes he posted or around it..use it. block it, delete it..up to you just sharing info and most of all the reviews and what sizes are made (or not). Ive noticed in the past very few other places have a decent review of tires or far less so I was more worried about looking at what maybe 1000+ people that actually have the tire said more than where anyone gets them...

like I said I dont use, need or recommend any of the tire places personally... Ive never messed with (but had priced almost all of them in the past 25+ years) and not once saved a cent buying from ANY of them Vs looking around locally and using manufacturers coupons/currently running rebates.... good luck.

·
Registered
2008 (MY 2009) Forester
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just back from Bob Jane T-Mart (closest from home).
They don't have Geolandar in stock in the size I need and unsure when they will have (at $299) and suggested Dueler A/T 697 ($240) or J-Ttrax H/T ($179).
What you think?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Just back from Bob Jane T-Mart (closest from home).
They don't have Geolandar in stock in the size I need and unsure when they will have (at $299) and suggested Dueler A/T 697 ($240) or J-Ttrax H/T ($179).
What you think?
I have used the Dueler A/T is OK I had them on a Tacoma a few years back. that said at least here in the states there are much better options. I liked Toyos and hankooks better

·
Registered
2008 (MY 2009) Forester
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quick feedback.
I was able to order the Geolandar in the right size last week and got appointment for today to fit them.
When I arrived, they didn't show
in the store stock, and after about 40min, manager told me they have no more stock on them despite getting order confirmation from their supplier.
So he gave me $200 discount on the Dueler AT to match Geolandar prices so I now have Dueler AT 697.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Thanks everyone!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts