Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
349 Posts
Long short of it is that I bought a Magnaflow 12225 muffler to replace mine that are making that god awful whistling noise around 3k RPM under load. I thought i'd do a two-fer and get a muffler that would give my car a touch more of that "boxer rumble" or "growl."

I have taken my magnaflow to 2 different shops and they will not install it saying that it doesn't fit. I am still within the window to return them so that is an option. If I do that, I am looking for recommendations on a replacement muffler to give the sound I am looking for at a nice price (the car has over 100k miles on it) (the Magnaflows were around $100 each; going a little higher is not an issue) . I am not looking for crazy loud or "ricer" sound, just a little more of a growl than I have now. Magnaflow seemed to be the way to go but both places said it's too long and it is the standard size that Magnaflow has on their site.

2009 Forester XT Limited.

·
Registered
2013 Forester XT
279 Posts
You should probably look at Nameless which will replace your actual mufflers but still bolt to your midpipe. Or you can go full aftermarket like SPT which is 2.5" in diameter or Invidia Q300 which makes a full 3" diameter exhaust.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts