Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Subaru Forester 2009 (Euro Version) 2.0L DOHC NA & LPG EJ204LVZMB | SH5AL2S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

This might be a question but at the same time is a problem I have with my forester where any time in the morning I start it up, it fails to start or it does starts but revolutions goes down and shut down, also in idle sometimes it also goes down on revs and intend to shutdown. Seems that the car starts at the 3rd or 4th and sometimes the 5th start ignition performed.
Things I have replaced:
1- Rear (under the fuel tank) 2 ways valve : 42084FE020
2- Did service to injectors (they work good after tests)
3 - Change the starter, previous was worn/damaged (afraid that due to several times starting with not good amount of fuel, also car is old; so need replacement.
4- Fuel Pump (just the fuel pump not entire assembly)

Fuel pressure regulator is the one that I haven't touch, but yesterday I started to mess a lill deep on the topic. We (tech guy) and I open again the fuel assembly and found that there is a regulator that goes internally on the fuel pump assembly (pictures attached). I haven't been able to find this part all over the world wide net and have been told that it comes when you purchase the full fuel pump assembly, in my case part# 42021SC000.
I am still very curious if there has been someone that has experimented my problem symptoms and if replacing has been the solution.
At this time no check light or nothing from the car except for the time is cold and going to start. It is like not keeping the correct fuel amount to start or not really sending the correct amount.
When the car is ready to roll it does not fail but at a certain time it fails between stops at city or during a drive you feel like losing power or fuel injection.

Hopelly you guys can help on this one.
1613116252100.png 1613116266395.png 1613116275025.png

·
Registered
2012 SH Manual Diesel
794 Posts
Try Standard Motor Products PR550

If you look for cross reference part numbers, you may be able to find the Genuine Hitachi part.

Mazda, Toyota, Lexus, Kia, Holden and Hyundia use a version of that same style regulator. So, if you know the PSI rating, you may be able to find an alternative.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,341 Posts
G'day & Welcome @Ofielevy
The OP has not been seen here for 4 months so probably best if you send a message via "Conversations" and the OP should be notified by email

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the same problem what did you do to fix it
Hey Hey.... did not received a message until just a couple hours that my email notified me... Well @Ofielevy ... I did purchase a second hand low km case with all included and pump for 35 bucks at ebay, did also perform an injector clean up at a diesel workshop locally (I am not in the USA). This fix my issue but I still want to look for a new one cuz at some time the used will also run with the same problem in a near future and now that @Dogs sent that PDF I will take a look into it and try to find the part I need! This fixes my gas consumption problem and now the car runs at an average of 9.5 km/l within the city and when traveling long distances up to 10.5. One friend also told me to perform an ECU reset (manually)... I still don't know if that happens as it used to be done on euro cars (MB,AUDI Etc) but you turn the key 1 step before start, then press 2 times the accelerator full gas... then turn the key back and pull out. Since I did perform this, it seems that the car start to get custom to my drive style. Before it was running always within 6km/l to 8.0 but most of the time at 7.5

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
This one is similar, so its possible that your part is available, but sold for a different vehicle or application.

What are all the numbers on that part? And any component it fits into (e.g. pump etc).
Buddy, I am afraid this is the one... I will try to reach a hyundai store to find this one, with the old I still have and look at them closely... You are the man!!! thanks a lot!
By the way! you have an SH5 Diesel??? those Diesel cars do not reach my land!!! would be a gas saver that car, we do have an AMAROK (Rocks) ! haha thanks for all!

---------
My friend... found the Standard PR554 which looks very similar but also looks a lill expensive. Found it at Standard Motor Products PR554 Standard Motor Fuel Pressure Regulators | Summit Racing but will look for a better price somewhere. Thanks again!

This post will help a lot of people! This also happens on a EJ204 impreza that a friend of mine has.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 SH Manual Diesel
794 Posts
By the way! you have an SH5 Diesel??? those Diesel cars do not reach my land!!! would be a gas saver that car,
Yeah man, doesn’t use any Gas what so ever! Lol 😂 just jokes!

Gets about 15km/L. Where diesels shine (in the fuel economy stakes), is at Idle. In comparison to a gas (Petrol), powered car, they use far less fuel whilst idling. So, for cars that are used in heavy, stop-start traffic, a diesel is the most economical and cleaner for the environment. And some have sufficient torque on idle (typically the older mechanically injected engines), to move the vehicle from a standing start, and through serveral gears (without accelerator), to crawl along in slow traffic.

On the other-hand, EV’s consume a lot of power in stop-start, with virtually no regeneration. On top of being higher polluting; and both resource (lead, copper, gold, rare earth metals, synthetic polymers etc), and energy consuming to manufacture (intricate and electrical component design, require complex tooling and machinery). Many people also don’t consider the components (mining, refining, and manufacturing), in an EV car. Nor the losses (approx 30%), and inefficiencies in every energy conversion (wind/hydro to mechanical, to electrical, or fossil to heat to steam to mechanical to electrical). The inefficiencies in electricity generation (some may only be 18% efficient), let alone the energy losses in electricity transmission/distribution (EMF, wires, connectors, substations, transformers, safety protection circuits, charging devices/stations etc).

Maybe if you have time, you could list your part numbers, pictures, and any details of other makes and models that share the same fuel regulator etc., in a dedicated ‘how to’ post for those engine, with a catchy title; so that people can find it easily. 👍

Cheers mate!

·
Registered
Foreste 09 SH5AL2S
4 Posts
I finally found out what is the problem . Iit was the crankshaft position sensor,
There was no problem code and no light it seems like just before breaking out .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I finally found out what is the problem . Iit was the crankshaft position sensor,
There was no problem code and no light it seems like just before breaking out .
Can you be more specific mate? Sometimes we thing we solve the problem hahaha but suddenly it comes back again...happen so many times to me... When saying more specific, talking about part numbers or if you change something, what you change or replace... That could help a lot

·
Registered
Foreste 09 SH5AL2S
4 Posts
Can you be more specific mate? Sometimes we thing we solve the problem hahaha but suddenly it comes back again...happen so many times to me... When saying more specific, talking about part numbers or if you change something, what you change or replace... That could help a lot
Hy i told my mechanic that i read about it . Some time just before the crankshaft sensor turn on the check engine light this symptom happens. He said it is a low chance but bring the car and we check it.
10 minutes to replace it and a miracle the engine is a live . I told him that sometime it’s a little thing that you never think it could be. It’s a machine it stupid!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hy i told my mechanic that i read about it . Some time just before the crankshaft sensor turn on the check engine light this symptom happens. He said it is a low chance but bring the car and we check it.
10 minutes to replace it and a miracle the engine is a live . I told him that sometime it’s a little thing that you never think it could be. It’s a machine it stupid!!!
Hahaha ... Yes it happens sometimes but unfortunately, sometimes it is not just one thing...but you discover little by little each time a new thing! I will check the cranksensor, clean it and see what happens ... But one question! ... You said at the beginning that no light was showed up... And now you have a light..m which code it throws?

·
Registered
Foreste 09 SH5AL2S
4 Posts
Hahaha ... Yes it happens sometimes but unfortunately, sometimes it is not just one thing...but you discover little by little each time a new thing! I will check the cranksensor, clean it and see what happens ... But one question! ... You said at the beginning that no light was showed up... And now you have a light..m which code it throws?
I think that you have to replace it with a new one sometime time it’s not given the right amount of volts and it my coos this problem

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think that you have to replace it with a new one sometime time it’s not given the right amount of volts and it my coos this problem
I will be checking voltage I talked to a friend of mine and he told me to get the car over the garage, he knows the voltage it should be. Will talk to him and will remember to write over here the results.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts