Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my most recent project is a bi-xenon HID projector retrofit from a BMW 5 series into MY09. All work and wiring was done by myself.

Details:
Stock Headlight Housings
Disabled DRL
Powered by Dual Relay Harness
BMW E60 Bi-Xenon Projectors
Morimoto 4300k d2s bulbs
GReddy Ballasts

Operation:
Lights operate as normal, minus DRL function. Only other modification is "quad" highbeams. My normal halogen high-beam bulbs turn on, in addition to the highbeam function of the projectors.

Here are some quick pics I took. Let me know if you have any questions, or want more/better pics!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Calendar time it probably took me 2 weeks. Actual working time probably a day or two. I have a 2nd car so I worked on them at my leisure. This was not my first retrofit (my other car, 2005 dodge srt-4) had gotten them a year or two ago. As far as difficulty, I'd say that the forester was much easier. There is a ton of room in the '09 headlight. The only thing I'm pissed about is that I didn't paint the chrome trim ring around the headlight while I had it apart. I saw a thread around here about the "blacked out" lights and think they look nice.

Light output is great and I'd highly recommend this to anyone. The only downside is that my foglights now look horridly yellow. I hope to put in some silverstars or something to try and lessen the difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts