Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
09 Forester XT
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I purchased this car 9/17/2009, from Servco Subaru in Hawaii. This is our 4th subaru. 2 previous cars were 2005 LGT and 2008 Legacy 3.0R, both ended their lives prematurely in accidents. This was the most recent replacement.
So my wife immediately went on a mission to go out and make it a safer car, handling-wise, as it is her car.

The car was purchased with optional grille, front lip and bumper, rear tailgate cover.
We also purchased all-weather floormats, and rear cargo tray.
A few days later, we took advantage of Perrin's crazy sale, and ordered a catback, downpipe, uppipe and header. Since the emphasis of this build was handling, Perrin front and rear swaybars were ordered, with accompanying endlinks. A cold air intake and Cobb Accessport was also ordered.

We later went on to order camber bolts, Hawk HP pads front and rear, and coilover suspension. Some hella horns were thrown in for good measure.
Since we had STI enkeis from the 3.0R lying around, we decided to mount Bridgestone RE-11's (245/45/18's) on them. I'm sure there are other things, but that's all i can think of for now.

Just wanted to share. Here's some pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,589 Posts
Howdy! I went and found your thread, after you'd stopped-by to say "hi" on mine. :smile:

That's one wicked (and mean!) looking SH! I love it!

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
Very, very nice! Glad to see that you are taking the SH to new limits. I think that since you have posted some great looking shot and the fact that you Auto X, it may change the way SF & SG owners look at the SH, besides picking up all that wonderful interior room. :rock:

Personally I like the styling way better on the SH than the 2 previous versions but this is a personal preference and I do realize also that old habits die hard!

·
Registered
09 Forester XT
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies guys!!
It took a while for me to figure out what parts fit this car. I had to guess and took some chances, but so far everything worked out. The exhaust is not a complete direct fit though, but works well.
Amazingly, with the current setup i have, during auto-x there were no rubbing issues!
I did not do an alignment yet, and have not set any negative camber, although i suspect some due to lowering it by dynamics alone.
I am loving this forum, and you guys seem to be a great bunch of folks (although being around suby guys, I didn't expect much less).
Well, after auto-x this setup, i realize that i will need to do something about the stock brake fluid, lines, and possibly a brake master cylinder stopper, if one exists.

·
Registered
09 XT
448 Posts
I would love a little more info on the exhaust.

What did you have to modify to get the DP and cat-back to fit? I thought it would bolt on with no issues.

and +1 on the sound... how loud is it?

·
Registered
2010 FXT 4EAT
86 Posts
So about those BC coilovers. I'm assuming they're the BR Type. How do they feel on the streets? What spring rates are they using? I'm looking for something with a good luck, but not something that will beat me up on the streets as I already have a car more than capable of autocrossing and pounding mine spine into submission.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT auto-tragic
86 Posts
chris I'm loving it!!! bring it buy my work!! i wanna see this in person!!! i can wait to drop mine!!

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
36 Posts
Nice ride!
I saw your XT parked next to my steel silver X at Target today... made mine look lame.
I should have taken a pic :icon_frown:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts