Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
09 Forester
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have the 09 fxt and realize that most hate the cup holders like i do...

Has anyone figured out a good way to clean them?

I have tried a lot but want to know what everyone else does

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
I actually like the oversized cup holders.. As for cleaning them, a wet/damp rag with warm soapy water seems to work fine.

·
Registered
09 Forester
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My issue with the cup holders is more that even a standard travel mug bounces around in there, and from a cleaning perspective i have tried rags, vacuum, detail cleaner, mini vacuum, etc... if something spills in there it is a royal pain! Perhaps it is just my big hands!

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5X
50 Posts
My issue with the cup holders is more that even a standard travel mug bounces around in there, and from a cleaning perspective i have tried rags, vacuum, detail cleaner, mini vacuum, etc... if something spills in there it is a royal pain! Perhaps it is just my big hands!
I noticed cups "bouncing" around in there too.
At our local Dollar Store they sell a mesh (kinda foamy, kinda sticky) rubber anti slip mat. One of these, when cut to size, lined every base in the console, no more bouncing/sliding of cups, change, cell phones... absorbs the bump and everything stays put...
Sometimes the simplest things work the best!
If you can't find something like that maybe chopping up a mouse pad to fit might work?

I bought a cargo liner from a guy on eBay, as a bonus he included a little "Sticky Dash Mat" which I cut to fit the ipod tray, this material would work perfectly, try a search there for it!

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Ltd
46 Posts
I lined mine with foam weatherstripping. I got the kind that's for between a campershell and the bed of a pickup truck, because it was 1" wide and matches the platinum color of the interior almost perfectly. Keeps things more secure, and eliminates rattles. Won't help you clean the cupholders, but keeps me from having to clean mine.

(Speaking of rattles, I also used a few pieces in the glove compartment so that the door would squeeze them when it closes - quieted things down nicely.)

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,525 Posts
^^^
Sounds good.

There is a thread here about this. I believe some have gotten those plastic cup holders...the kind that attach to the door panel buy the window. You know, the one with the handle/clip/mounting piece. They have cut that piece off and placed it in the center cup holder. A round peg in a square hole. It kinda takes up the play/space in the holder and keeps your beverage from moving/sloshing around. A search should find it.

·
Registered
09 Forester
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts