Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2009 ForesterReplacement Wiper Blades

39K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  2010subieforester 
#1 ·
What size replacement blades do I need for a 2009 Forester...driver, passenger and rear?

#2 · (Edited)
You can do two things:

a. Buy a set of Subaru wiper blades for your car (the size will be correct since they should match your car)
b. Measure each blade with a tape-measure, and buy a matching set of blades

If you buy wiper blades from NAPA or another automotive parts store, make sure that the new blades fit the arm before you buy.

#4 ·
I just installed Trico winter blades on my '09 yesterday.

24 inch drivers, 18 inch passengers and the work great.

The stock aero blades were freezing in the center and not touching the windshield. I will be re-filling the stock blades for spring though.

#5 ·
Here is a dumb question, but why don't you just get them replaced at the dealership? Aren't the wipers on 09-10 forester's covered under warranty? I recently went in for my 11k service and asked the dealer to replace the wipers as they streaked. They replaced them and on the receipt it was listed as "Warranty Replacement" for 0.00. If they are covered under warranty, why not get them for free. Once the warranty is up, its off to the parts store to replace them, but until then its on SOA.

I guess if you don't like the performance of the OEM blades, then maybe it would pay to replace them yourself though. As others have said, you can look them up in the book at any parts store. I know that Autozone in my area is selling Rain-x beam style blades for buy one- get one 50% off. I just purchased a second set to replace the same blades on my mazda. Got 1 year out of them, pretty good value I think.

#6 ·
Ah missed it was an 09. The 09 aero wipers are quite good, if you don't get too much snow I would just goto the dealer and get the replacement blades (just the rubber part gets replaced).

I use the 09 aero wipers on my 04 for most of the year, and then switch to the michelin radius beam style wipers for winter.

#7 ·
Warranty!!!!

I am really shocked how many times I have seen this on here. Well it's not that many, but my guess is at least 5-6 times maybe more. Don't people know what they are buying and what you get with your purchase. I certainly always know about warranties/return features on my purchases. I guess I don't like to throw money away.......I would just rather give it to a worth cause.

That's all........sorry for the rant.

#8 ·
The blades are under warranty-however-the only time they didn't work is below 25 degrees F , when frozen, and I've never been in a dealer garage that is that cold, so rather than wreck because I can't see because my factory wipers freeze, I took the initiative to spend $20 on proper WINTER wiper blades with the rubber boot covering the blade beam so it can't freeze. I'll fight my battle for warranty replacements on more important or obviously defective items.:tissue:

#14 ·
24 for the long blade, 18 for the short. 14 for the rear window.

For the front windshield, I bought some Bosch blades (buy1 get the second half off at Auto Zone), and they work great. Just got them on.

For the rear window, the only brand that makes 14" blades was Trico. THis worked great as well.

#15 ·
Has anyone run into a problem with the Subaru Refills not staying in place on the arms? I just replaced mine on my 2010 because the originals were streaking, and the new ones, while the lengths are correct, seem to have a lot of play in them and even though they have the little key to hold them in place, they still slide out of the frames. Anyone else had this issue?

#20 ·
i think this is an aftermarket solution for the rear blade issue

It appears that Trico has created an aftermarket rear blade fro 2009 + Fozzie's, called the 14-B Exact Fit. I found it on Amazon believe it or not for under $10, eligible for free shipping over $25. Haven't tried it, but plan to soon and will let you know if they work.

http://www.amazon.com/Trico-14-B-Exact-Wiper-Blade/dp/B001KS6FPA/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Model=Forester|57&n=15684181&s=automotive&Make=Subaru|13&Year=2009|2009&vehicleType=automotive&newCar=1&carId=002

#21 ·
Just needing new blades on my 2010, bought inserts at dealer today because I like the aero factory blades and don't believe in throwing away stuff. I'm impressed the stock blades lasted almost two years.

Part numbers they gave me are.

Driver's side 24": 86548SC100
passenger side 18": 86548SC150

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.