Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Crosstrek Ltd
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Update: 3/4/10: SPT EXHAUST WARRANTY DENIED BY SOA!!!!

After going back and forth with SOA, the official ruling from SOA is that this exhaust warranty is voided, since the exhaust was not made for the Forester. They can not cover any warranty on this exhaust, even though it was installed on the vehicle at the time of purchase by a Subaru dealership.

Furthermore, I was informed that by having this exhaust on the vehicle, in Subaru's eyes, I am now risking the warranty to the powertrain and emissions systems should any problems arise from them, and that those issues might not be covered under warranty due to having a catback exhaust (regardless that it is made by Subaru) because it was not designed for that application.

BUYER BEWARE.

A.K. over at Farrish sent me video of my '09 FXT after they installed the SPT exhaust. I uploaded the video to youtube.

Here is the video:
YouTube - 2009 Forester XT with SPT Exhaust

For viewing, I strongly recommended you have dedicated speakers, with decent bass playback. The exhaust is very bassy and laptop speakers take out the bass.

·
Registered
09 XT Limited
39 Posts
I've had SPT exhaust on my Foz now for like a couple weeks now and I highly recommend it. I personally think it made a bit of difference in performance especially in the top end. I know a lot of people here are gonna say its just the sound but it feels better for sure.

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Crosstrek Ltd
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've had SPT exhaust on my Foz now for like a couple weeks now and I highly recommend it. I personally think it made a bit of difference in performance especially in the top end. I know a lot of people here are gonna say its just the sound but it feels better for sure.
Cool - good to know. 24 hours from now, I will be arriving in Va to pick up my FXT from Farrish. :Banane08:

Have you thought about a drop in high flow air filter or an SPT Intake? I have the whole SPT Intake kit sitting here from my old '05 LGT (last I checked they are identical). I am debating it. Maybe I will install it for a weekend and see what I think.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Premium CVT automatic
45 Posts
Has there been much change in the sound from the inside? Have you seen any difference in fuel consumption?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.