Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched, and didn't find an answer. We have a 2009 Forester Limited, and when we select just the feet for heat, heat also comes out of the side vents as well (not the middle, just the sides). Didn't know if anyone else was experiencing this problem, or if this is normal.

Thx,
-Rich

·
Registered
2017 Limited
1,017 Posts
Searched, and didn't find an answer. We have a 2009 Forester Limited, and when we select just the feet for heat, heat also comes out of the side vents as well (not the middle, just the sides). Didn't know if anyone else was experiencing this problem, or if this is normal.

Thx,
-Rich
Same here on a 2010 model, some others have said they close off the side vents with the thumb wheel to force more heet to feet.:icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
118 Posts

Thx,
-Rich
That's normal operation, as illustrated in the manual, on page 4-2.
I don't see how do insert an image, but i shows how that those vents are on for all settings, which gives you manual control via the thumbwheel.

I actually like it. When we have the heater on, my wife likes heat in her face but I can't stand it. So we both can each have it our own way. It's like a poor-man's dual climate control :icon_razz:.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I thought for sure it was broke; they should really change that icon to reflect what it really does.

·
Registered
2010 Forester X Premium
932 Posts
Yeah it's normal, a lot of people complaint about this, easy fix close these side vents to force more air to the floor. No problem, I am not big fun of heat period. This is why I love forester with winter package, my wife is heat freak, I am cold freak, that way I can keep the heat to minimal in the car, and put her on a toaster (heated seats) lol her seat is always on max hahahaha ;) and she likes it ;)

·
Registered
09 Forester 2.5X Prem.
15 Posts
So the only way to not be blowing hot air on the windshield is to have "face heat" on. Thanks for the diagram!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts