Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an offer from the local dealer for a new 09 Forester 2.5XT Limited. I would like to know if it is a good price. And how are 09's compared to 10's.

MSRP: $29855

Offer: $25192 + $398(Doc fee) + taxes

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
Thats a good price for an XT Limited

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,525 Posts
I have an offer from the local dealer for a new 09 Forester 2.5XT Limited. I would like to know if it is a good price. And how are 09's compared to 10's.

MSRP: $29855

Offer: $25192 + $398(Doc fee) + taxes
More info needed. I see you said new but is it a dealer demo, it's unusual for a MY09 to be floating around now, but its possible. Options ? MY09 & MY10 are the same for right now. Only difference from what I have seen is the instument cluster has less blue in it. There is also a thread here on the MY09, MY10 differences. Search around. The MY10 in February will be getting an HID option package with the NAV system if you desire it but it is a complete package and I believe it cannot be seperated. Many dealers do not have info on this yet. It was reported at the Detroit Auto Show, I think. I also see this is your first and only post..........search around and spend some time here. You will find a wealth of info to help you. Welcome aboard!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not a demo. I spoke with the internet sales person and he told me that they purchased inventory from another local subaru dealership that recently went out of bussiness.

·
Registered
2013 WRX hatchback 5mt
749 Posts
It's not a demo. I spoke with the internet sales person and he told me that they purchased inventory from another local subaru dealership that recently went out of bussiness.
Still a new untitled vehicle? If you get me the last 8 of the VIN, I can verify it.

Here is a cost breakdown on of a similar 2009 XT Limited with a close MSRP:

$29855 MSRP
$27759 invoice
$1128 holdback

$26631 net cost.

They might have a little less of a cost if they bought it back of net cost from the other dealership. Usually they wouldn't, but it largely depends on the dealership that went out of business and how they had everything set up.

There are only 4 2009 XT Limited models (non nav) showing in inventory in the country and only the one with the MSRP like you mentioned..that should up in the locator. If the vehicle was a sold order or already punched sold, it will not show up in the locator.

If the one you are looking at is Waltrip near Nashville, that car came from Kennesaw Subaru in Georgia originally. They (Kennesaw) are definitely not out of business as they are the only dealership that sells more than us in GA, KY, and TN.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
grasonsubaru,
Thanks for the lookup.

Yes, It's waltrip in Franklin, TN. I went and saw the car. It has close to 500 miles on it (Sales rep told me that it was driven from atlanta and not a demo). But, I think it's a demo. What do you think is a good price to target?

·
Registered
2008 LL Bean (4EAT)
4,784 Posts
... It's waltrip in Franklin, TN. I went and saw the car. It has close to 500 miles on it (Sales rep told me that it was driven from atlanta and not a demo). But, I think it's a demo...
Kennesaw GA to Franklin TN is 225 miles, so the other 275 would appear to be demo miles.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
grasonsubaru,
Thanks for the lookup.

Yes, It's waltrip in Franklin, TN. I went and saw the car. It has close to 500 miles on it (Sales rep told me that it was driven from atlanta and not a demo). But, I think it's a demo. What do you think is a good price to target?
Maybe thats why they gave you that price of 25,192 in account of the mileage on it, Still seems like a good price, and I wouldn't expect it to sit on the lot too long, at that price someones gonna grab it up.

·
Registered
2013 WRX hatchback 5mt
749 Posts
That is not a demo. That is test drive and dealer trade miles. heck, we have dealer traded for vehicle and by the time they got to us, they had 800 miles on the car. just depends on how bad the dealer wants the car. they would not take a loss like that for a 500 mile car.

as for that price, I have no idea how they got it that low. That is back of net cost and the dealer it came from did not go out of business....and being a couple hundred back of net cost isnt a big deal but being that much back is not typical and a great deal where they offered it at.

I would say if you want it and it fits the budget, just get it. it is already back of cost and a very good deal on a nice Forester.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
Glad to hear ya grabbed it , I think you got a good deal. :woohoo:
Post up some pics of it when you get a chance..

·
Registered
2008 LL Bean (4EAT)
4,784 Posts
That is not a demo. That is test drive and dealer trade miles....
The dealer trade miles are Kennesaw GA to Franklin TN = 225 miles. That leaves 275 miles which are either called test drives or demo drives. What is the difference between test drives and demo drives?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts