Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Oilfield Trash
2009 X AT
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I't's a rental,
2009 Taurus Limited with Leather, power everything, sunroof.

It's HUGE inside and very comfy, it qualifies as a Mafia-staff-car (3 body trunk), peppy, great brakes but the suspension is TOO SOFT!!, it's VERY "boat-like" with ponderous handling (it kinda goes where you point it).

I hate front wheel drive cars!!!

I've just made 1 trip across town in it so far so this is a preliminary report.

Unclviny

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Heh yeah we lease Tauruses (plural sp?) here at work for out of town folks and we call them ships or boats. We had one get hit and so the rental company came to pick it up and we stood outside recording it going away while making fog horn sounds. Called the video "The Final Voyage." :lol:

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
They're not bad, same as the 500 just updated a little bit. I definitely like the SHO though! American car manufacturers still haven't gotten how to properly damp the suspension on their bigger sedans. We got a loaner caddy DTS which is huge, fwd, and has the big northstar V8, it was SO close to being awesome but was like driving an inflatable raft with a 300hp outboard on it.

and +1 FWD can go die in a fire. It ruins otherwise great cars (such as the v6 accord coupe).

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
and +1 FWD can go die in a fire. It ruins otherwise great cars (such as the v6 accord coupe).
Not all the time. My Acura TL handled just fine. Not too much (if any) noticeable torque steer, never plowed the front wheels by turning too hard, steering felt very precise.

I agree FWD sucks most of the time. But my TL was by far the best handling car I have owned. Including my two Subarus.

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT (former)
2,485 Posts
Not all the time. My Acura TL handled just fine. Not too much (if any) noticeable torque steer, never plowed the front wheels by turning too hard, steering felt very precise.

I agree FWD sucks most of the time. But my TL was by far the best handling car I have owned. Including my two Subarus.
What year TL? I love my '06 6MT, but it has plenty of torque steer if I accelerate very quickly.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
I wonder how the SHO is. It's AWD, which is nice, and I imagine it'll be a little stiffer. I dig the looks of the new SHO.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
I wonder how the SHO is. It's AWD, which is nice, and I imagine it'll be a little stiffer. I dig the looks of the new SHO.
The twin turbo ecoboost engine is absolutely amazing in both the SHO and the flex ecoboost, the only thing I dislike is the electric steering assist, although its quite nice for long highway trips and such. They need to put the TT v6 ecoboost +awd drivetrain in the mustang, it would eat audis for breakfast (and would finally make up for them putting a 4 cylinder in the fox body mustangs).

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
The twin turbo ecoboost engine is absolutely amazing in both the SHO and the flex ecoboost, the only thing I dislike is the electric steering assist, although its quite nice for long highway trips and such. They need to put the TT v6 ecoboost +awd drivetrain in the mustang, it would eat audis for breakfast (and would finally make up for them putting a 4 cylinder in the fox body mustangs).
It doesn't matter what engine/drivetrain is in the Mustang, it's still going to be a dull, boring, car.

My friend did have a 4-cylinder fox body. It was horrible.

·
Registered
2010 XT 4eat
604 Posts
It doesn't matter what engine/drivetrain is in the Mustang, it's still going to be a dull, boring, car.

To each is own, but I still bump into people who think the mustangs are some of the coolest cars on the road. Not for me though, unless its a shelby. I like the 89-92 stangs the best.

The new sho is nice, but come with a hefty price.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
Yea, the SHO and the FLEX are pushing towards 50k! Yea right!

The Mustang has never done it for me. Neither did the F-body. The whole pony-car phenomenon blew right by me. I just never found it interesting.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
American car manufacturers still haven't gotten how to properly damp the suspension on their bigger sedans. We got a loaner caddy DTS which is huge, fwd, and has the big northstar V8, it was SO close to being awesome but was like driving an inflatable raft with a 300hp outboard on it.
Hold on, they have it perfectly figured out. Load those front seat with two +300lb muscle heads and all the front end floatyness(this really should not be a used as a word) turns into a dynamic ready to respond tuned suspension setup.
Gosh, I love rentals...

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
486 Posts
I've driven the new Merc MKS (which is basically a SHO, but fancier) with the flexoboost and I've kinda liked it. I've also driven the new Shelby. Both are nice, but meh :icon_rolleyes:
As far as FWDs go... They pull out of a high speed slide nicely and can be ok if done right. I've liked the Fiat 500 I've driven the other day :cool:

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
I've driven the new Merc MKS (which is basically a SHO, but fancier) with the flexoboost and I've kinda liked it. I've also driven the new Shelby. Both are nice, but meh :icon_rolleyes:
As far as FWDs go... They pull out of a high speed slide nicely and can be ok if done right. I've liked the Fiat 500 I've driven the other day :cool:
OMG where!:woohoo:

·
Registered
2006 X Premium
438 Posts

You should check out the new Mustangs, you'll may be surprised.

·
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
1,118 Posts
To each is own, but I still bump into people who think the mustangs are some of the coolest cars on the road.
You say that like you're surprised or as if there's not a lot of Mustang lovers in Chicagoland. Here on the Iowa side of Illinois it's just the exact opposite. You're either cool and own a Mustang (any year as long as it's a V8) or you're a loser. Mustang owners here always have something to prove by revving it up whenever they get a chance. I really dislike people that always have to start something with everyone. I also don't think it's very impressive that their 300+ cubic inch 4.6-5 liter V8 engine makes over 300 hp. IT SHOULD, DA! It's a big engine, that's NOT amazing!!! Impressive is when you take a 2.5 liter or smaller 4 cylinder engine and get anywhere around, I don't know, 250 hp or more.

·
Oilfield Trash
2009 X AT
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Several years ago (I think it was the start of my mid-life crisis) I decided that I needed a FAST! car.
There was a Kenny Brown edition Mustang available that year and it was a REAL CAR! so I checked into it closer and things were going well until I realized that I was looking at a $60,000.00 Mustang! and there was NO WAY I would drop that kinda $$ on a Mustang!
I put off buying the car because the Mustang-deal had soured the deal for me.

I still have "fast-car" thoughts from time-to-time but they pass (mostly).

Unclviny

1 - 18 of 18 Posts