Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y’all, i just bought my first car and it happened to be a Subaru because i’ve been saving for one and i bought from a private party because he was selling it for cheap and thinking it wouldn’t have too many problems. well that wasn’t the case. I barley got it at the start of this month and it’s been just been annoying. It has 145k miles on it and i’ve replaced the timing belts, the crankshaft sensor, the spark plugs, changed the oil and air filter. it wasn’t doing this in the beginning but it bogs down when shifting into the next gear especially when backing up and dies. As well as coming to a stop sign or slows down, it dies. It stays on but once it’s in a different gear, it’ll die. We checked the battery, brand new. The alternator is not losing power either. We might think it’s the torque converter but i really don’t wanna rule that out as an option right now and drop all that money! if anyone has had the same problems, anything would be helpful! Thanks

·
Registered
2011 Forester X
247 Posts
EGR or IAC, Mass Air, could all be possibilities. Could try and see if there is a vacuum leak. Maybe brake booster related. Try shifting the car to neutral before you brake to see if the engine still stalls.
If you think its the tranny check your level and maybe do a drain and fill and see if that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.